An Early Start!

@Morleyhunt (15946)
It was too much to hope for.... The grandchildren were told at bedtime, that they could get up to use the washroom, but otherwise were to stay in their rooms until Grandpa left for the barn at 6:45. The girls are still sleeping (smart girls), but the whispering? started in the boys room by 5:30 AM. At 6:20, they peeked out, and I shooed them back into their room. They were waiting at their door for grandpa to leave. Now they are playing quietly (for them) with the duplos. It's going to be a long day!
Boys will be boys lol They keep you are your toes.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
The two youngest girls are still asleep. The playing is getting steadily louder. As soon as the last two get up it will be time to make oatmeal.
@Morleyhunt sounds like a busy day a head of you
I wouldn't be surprised if you end up chasing after the boys a lot .... so what kind of trouble do the girls get into?
@Morleyhunt (15946)
We have dolls....and dishes....and blankets....and blocks......right now they are watching Bambi and munching on popcorn. The dog is hovering for any pieces that hit the floor.
Too bad Bambi is such a short film @Morleyhunt you'd need at least a 3 hour movie to help keep them calm Oh the dog must be in 7th heaven will all those kids to steal from
@Morleyhunt (15946)
@rebelann she'll probably have an upset tummy tomorrow.
@hostessman (6933)
• Tucson, Arizona
you have to remember kids will be kids
@Morleyhunt (15946)
Yup....today the house looks like a tornado swept through....I've washed more dishes on the last 24 hours than I washed during the last week.
From what I remember with kids, some days are EXTREMELY long when they are a bunch of them together.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
I had them outside for an hour and a half. The sun was supposed to shine...but we haven't seen it.
I hope it was a good day for everyone. Do you know your pic is upside down?
@Morleyhunt (15946)
It's not upside down on my iPad..
@Morleyhunt Oh, okay.
What are their ages ?
@Morleyhunt (15946)
The youngest two are girls...one is 3.5 the other will be 5 in a month. Then we have a boy who is almost 7, a girl I, and the oldest boy is 11.
@Jam4321 (589)
• Jamaica
Sounds like it will be a full day for you...hope the boys tone it down a little and the girls go easy on you. Try to have a great day though.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
We had a great day. Everybody went to bed on time. This morning they slept much longer. Of course, thus morning I was prepared...they would all need to be bathed and need to pack as well as have breakfast before church. Now we have about 30 minutes to relax.
@LoriAMoore (9745)
Oh goodness, why do kids get up so early?
@Morleyhunt (15946)
I don't know. All is quiet now....all five are asleep....not without a crisis or two.
@valmnz (12657)
• New Zealand
Boys do seem to have more energy and enthusiasm for the early morning!
@Morleyhunt (15946)
They are all in bed. Hopefully asleep.
@Platespinner (18096)
I seem to remember encountering one of those whisperers at 5 am the last time they spent the night here. Apparently my growl was actually effective.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
One sleep over I was one very angry grandma....they did stay in their room. Funny how they think we won't hear the stage whispers.
I think all of them will have a lovely staying with you. Have fun
@Morleyhunt (15946)
Mostly we are having fun.
I can well imagine.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
It was a nice hope.
When I was young and got shipped off to stay at my grandparents' place, I never slept that well and would wake much sooner then I should have. Hopefully you'll all enjoy a little quiet (nap) time this afternoon.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
I did have sleepovers with my grandparents. The entire family went to visit three times. We were usually so exhausted by the time we were there,msleeping just happened.