It Just Looks Gray Here

Marion, Kansas
I know that there is a lot of chill out there. Some places have snow, ice or wind, but looking out my windows I only see gray skies, no wind, and the street out front does not look icy. That does not mean that when we would get to the roundabout it would not be icy. All over the county the maintainers have put out brine to keep the highways from icing up. You can see the paths of spray. Even the sidewalks at the school were sprayed with brine. I have a bucket of ice melt by my front door but for now, I am staying in. I am being a "domestic goddess" and doing housework. I am also going to have a hot shower or soak. My paraffin bath is warming up and I will do a treatment or two on my hands today. My dishes are all washed up, so it must be time to cook and bake. It is time to do laundry as well. As much as hubby likes to go run errands and shop, I am not going. Totally refusing.That also eliminates eating out. Woo Hoo! It feels good to settle down and stay in.
@hostessman (8928)
• Tucson, Arizona
I am with you if you don't need to be out for any reason just stay home relax and have a good day
• Marion, Kansas
I have wanted a stay at home day for a long time. This is good.
I hope you get everything done and enjoy your day indoors. It's raining here right now-which is good because we needed it. I will be babysitting today. =)
• Marion, Kansas
I know you love to baby sit so that is good. Rain is good too, or would be for us.
@jhechorain (1218)
• Susanville, California
Here it is icy all over the place. There is snow over the ice and it is really dangerous. Those gray days can get dull.
• Marion, Kansas
Well, the sun has come out now, contrary to what was predicted. Hubby says it feels nice, but you know, it was still gray enough I took a nap.
• Susanville, California
I like when the sun comes out on those days though, if it is enough sun. I will usually go out to enjoy it. It doesn't sound like it was enough for your liking though.
• Marion, Kansas
@jhechorain He went out to put gas in the little car, and get extra gas for needs here and ran into freezing rain. I was sleeping at first when the sun came out, and then it left. They are still predicting more ice and rain for the next two days.
Yes, it is nice to stay in. I have been in since November. Will be until May.
• Marion, Kansas
Nope, I cannot do that. I am appreciating this weekend, though.
@GardenGerty .......Most can't. I have social anxiety and am home bound. Works for me.
it's actually sunny here presently.wonder if it'll last tho..
• Marion, Kansas
Enjoy it while you can. Is there anything predicted for you?
@GardenGerty we had a wee bit of snow last night..nothing worth shoveling tho.
@sugartoes (39305)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's the best thing to do is not venture out in the weather that could be a bad idea you get sick you might fall you might get hurt why deal with something you don't need to? I'm in for the day & I have NO PROBLEM with staying indoors in my pj's working online watching t v & fixing to take a nap.
• Marion, Kansas
We are just spending time together here.
Best to stay inside where it is warm rather than go out and face icy conditions.
• Marion, Kansas
That is just what we are doing.
If you have everything you need at home, it is wise to stay indoors during such weather.
• Marion, Kansas
That is the plan for us.
oh right, domestic stuff, time to move laundry over! lol
Gray as can be here too. Wonder why folks paint their walls gray? I know it is a trend, but it sure would depress me to have gray inside and out.
I read you are going to get an ice storm Heather.