She Forgot Me And I Can Understand Why

@LeaPea2417 (21554)
Toccoa, Georgia
Many years ago while I was still in College before I married and was dating a guy, he and I became friends with a couple who had two kids. The husband went to the College. We went to a Bible College and that guy was pursuing an inner city missions career. My boyfriend (at the time) and I went over to their apartment twice I remember. They even let us borrow their car. One of those times when we went over to their apartment, we all sat and watched that movie "2010" It was the continuation of "2001 A Space Odyssey". So, then, my boyfriend and I broke up and I lost touch with them. I got married to my now present husband and I had always wondered what happened to that family and if they had done mission work in the inner city. Then around 1999 and 2000, my husband had a manager type position at the local Grocery Store. He mentioned how they had hired some new people and one of those people was the wife of that family I knew years ago. I was so surprised and sad to learn that her husband had left her , deserted her and her two boys not long after I had known them. I had seen her at the Grocery one day and when she realized I was one of the manager's wives, she said "hi , it is nice to meet you". She looked at me like she had never met me. So, I decided shortly thereafter, to remind her about me. So, one day I was in the store and we got to talking and I reminded her about me and my ex boyfriend and how we had known them and visited with them etc. She said, she didn't remember that time. She said to me not to be offended by that but she was so crushed and hurt by her husband deserting her like that, that after awhile, she felt like God allowed her to forget lots of those painful memories, to help her move on. So, I fully understood and I thought that was good how God had comforted her in that way.
I am sure God blessed her with the loss of those terrible memories. I have forgotten a lot of my past around 8 years ago because things were not pleasant at all. I thank God I don't remember some things anymore.
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is good that you don't.
@sans224 (1833)
sometimes its fortunate to forget.
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, that is very true.
@sishy7 (27606)
God works in a mysterious way sometimes...
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, that is very true.
• New Delhi, India
This is so sad..I hope God gives her enough strength to face the hard time
That was good for her. I think she is right that God had done that because otherwise she might not have gotten over the pain. How are her two boys?
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
They ended up doing well. I remember her saying that one of them had joined the military and how she was proud of him. I forget what the other one pursued.
yesSometimes we do mot umderstad but you did that she just had been helped by God iom a way bear that part of her life.Glad you understood j
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I am glad I understood.
Poor soul. That is very sad. I'm glad you were able to understand and not feel hurt by it.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
It was good you understood her. The poor lady had obviously had a hard time of it but due to God had moved on.
@vandana7 (66823)
Aw...I am having memory issues already and that thought does scare me a bit and I too have forgotten a few people. :(