Driving For Lyft: Would You Do It?

@KrauseHome (35507)
I know we have at least one person on here who drives for Lyft. Just wondered if there are others and do you enjoy your job and it is worth it? We have a friend of ours from church who has been doing it for a couple of months now and she really enjoys it. She is doing it just to bring in some extra money into her home since she has 4 kids and a husband. My husband is actually considering trying it and seeing if it would be something he wants to do. Either part time along with his full time job. Would it be worth doing Full time and is their other benefits such as Medical etc? Just trying to get some more thoughts here so we can be praying about this and seeing if it would be worth doing.
I wouldn't do it simply because I am "directionally challenged". Even with GPS I'd get lost.
@KrauseHome (35507)
Makes sense, Things like this are definately not for everybody.
I am not great with directions either...but if I have enough time, I can usually get where I am going!
@KrauseHome (35507)
@snowy22315 Yes but we have learned many times GPS can get you lost as well
I think I want to think about this. I have looked some at the requirements for UBER, I would look at Lyft too before I would decide.
@KrauseHome (35507)
Lyft I have heard pays better and if you can pass a 10 yr background check then try it. You also need a Car that is newer is the other qualification.
I don't know anyone who works for lyft or even uber. I think that both places are more of an independant contractor gig so you'd be responsible for taxes paid in to the Government and State and thusly medical insurance as well.
@KrauseHome (35507)
From what I have read and my husband is looking into it, Lyft has Medical insurance. But yes you are an independent contractor but since Lyfy actually is paying you for the trips we are not sure about the Taxes part of it and I am sure we will be checking that as well.
@KrauseHome It seems kind of confusing. As an independant contractor, aren't you responsible for paying taxes into the state and governmetn? But if you are being paid by lyft, how would that work?
@KrauseHome (35507)
@ScribbledAdNauseum From what I understand is you are actually paid per trip by them. And from what my friend told me when the need is greater like when it is raining, etc they actually charge the person needing the cab more so they make more a mile. She gets a check that is made out to here every Friday or can have the money go direct deposit I think. I never asked her about Taxes. Will ask and let people on myLot know. He is going to look more into this when I get back from my trip.
Nice. That could be good. I have thought about doing Uber but it is also kind of scary. It might be worth a try though. I just know I wouldnt want to work bar close time.
@KrauseHome (35507)
Well, the nice thing is since you work for yourself, you can choose the hrs you want to drive, etc.
I don't really know the difference between Uber and Lyft, however Uber drivers can be paid quite well...I would do that if I were closer to the city and had a decent car.
@KrauseHome (35507)
We have heard here in this area that Lyft drivers make more. But I know around here you can drive for both if you wish.