A Song Post Inspired by @STOUTjodee

@DWDavis (9547)
Pikeville, North Carolina
@STOUTjodee posted a discussion titled "I Like Dream'..." and it immediately made me think of a song by Kenny Nolan with the same title. I used to listen to the song and pine for this girl I knew in high school. Well, enough about that. If you'd like a nostalgic trip back to the 1970s, give a listen. I'm headed to bed to do a little dreaming myself. Who knows, maybe she'll show up in my dreams tonight.
I like dreamin' by Kenny Nolan http.youtube.com/edbuganan
I hope your wife is not going to read this post. I know that I would not appreciate to know that my hubby would love to see one of his "ex" in his dreams.
@DWDavis (9547)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Please don't tell my missus. The truth is, the girl isn't an "ex," except as an "ex" crush who never gave me a second look, at least not as a prospective love interest. Now that I think about it, maybe "My Eyes Adored You," by Frankie Valli, might be more appropriate. It was also written by Kenny Nolan.
[Chorus:] My eyes adored ya Though I never laid a hand on you My eyes adored ya Like a million miles away from me You couldn't see how I adored ya So close, ...
@DWDavis (9547)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Nowadays, this other Frankie Valli song might be more appropriate. This song tells how I felt about my missus the moment I met her.
For a close friend of mine :) You're just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off you. You'd be like Heaven to touch. I wanna hold you so much. At long l...
@DWDavis I have this vinyl, I recognize the cover. Now she would be happy.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I remember this. Haven't heard it in a long, long time.
@DWDavis (9547)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I love it when something reminds me of a song from my youth I have thought of in a long time. I can look it up, listen to it, and be transported back to those days.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
@DWDavis - Music will definitely do that.
Wow, hadn't heard that song in years.......nice choice.
@DWDavis (9547)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It's a song from the period in my life when I seemed to be the friend every girl could talk to but none wanted to go out with.
@STOUTjodee (3236)
OMG, this was the song that I thought of when I wrote that post!! My newest post could be associated with another song. Feel free to check that lasted post out
Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away Lyrics: Slip slidin' away Slip slidin' away You know the nearer your destination The more you're slip slidin' away I know a ma...
@DWDavis (9547)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
LOL! I already read the new post and commented that you must be channeling Paul Simon tonight.