Rock and Roll Fable

CC0 Public Domain
@DWDavis (10774)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Streets of Fire is a movie from 1984. It was billed as a Rock and Roll Fable. Though it is not a great cinematic masterpiece, it is one of my favorite all-time movies. My love for this movie is based mostly on the music. Two of the songs from the movie, "Nowhere Fast" and "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young" became anthems for my platoon when we were serving in Korea. As young, single, men in our late teens and early twenties, these songs seemed to capture how we faced life and enjoyed our time off. Take a listen to "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young" and tell me if it stirs your blood the way it does mine.
Streets of Fire 1984 Movie. Universal Studios Inc. Starring Diane Lane,Michael Pare,Willem Dafoe. The Great Vocal of Holly Sherwood " Female Meat Loaf " Rory...
@Ronrybs (7302)
• London, England
Not heard of this movie, I think the last modern musical I saw was Saturday Night Fever, not so much a musical as a dance-ical!
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I remember seeing Saturday Night Fever in it's original theater release back in the 1970s. We were all into disco back then.
@Ronrybs (7302)
• London, England
@DWDavis At one time you couldn't walk down the street without tripping over a disco!
I saw Streets of Fire because of Diane Lane! Sigh!
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I never saw the movie in theater. I do own both the soundtrack and DVD, though. I originally bought the soundtrack on cassette and wore it out, so replaced it on CD.
I remember this movie, but never saw it.
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The movie is okay. The soundtrack is awesome.
I haven't seen this since the 80's. I'll have to watch it again sometime. I do like the soundtrack.
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I think the soundtrack may be more popular than the movie.
Sorry, can't recall that movie and the songs at a