The Best Cure For Your Cold

Riga, Latvia
There are five amazing ingredients that you can use to get rid of your cold faster. • Ginger can help you get relief from congestion and pressure. The root itself has many healing properties. I use grated ginger in lots of different recipes. To get the benefit from it for your cold a good suggestion is to use it in tea. You can scrape off the skin and add it when brewing tea. It will be a bit bitter but you can add honey, lemon juice or cinnamon. If you prefer you can also brew tea with a little bit of grated ginger. If you prefer you can also follow this link and it will tell you how to brew straight ginger tea. • To have fewer colds it is advisable to take a garlic supplement. Garlic is very healthful and if you use it in recipes it will also strengthen your system. It is anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Fresh garlic will keep you feeling your best so you can even grate a bit in your salads or other foods. • Vitamin C has been known to help improve the immune system. Especially during the winter you should look to include sources of this vitamin in your diet. Among them should be fruits and vegetable like oranges, grapefruits and leafy greens. • I have done this before but I can say it isn’t the most pleasant thing to do. However it will help prevent upper respiratory infections. What is it? Gargling with salt water. It also helps to reduce and loosen mucus in the throat. • The all time super food is honey. Make up a honey syrup instead of buying over the counter cough medicine. You will see that it will help to fight infection and will soothe membranes. • Finally and for this ingredient I think we can all give a cheer – chocolate. Cocoa has a chemical known as theobromine which has the ability to help your body fight of the symptoms of a common cold. It was discovered that this cocoa chemical could block the action of sensory nerves in those with a cold and thus stop the cough reflex. What do you use when you have a cold or feel one coming on? http://www.alternet.org/personal-health/natural-cold-remedies
This is one of my absolute favourite things to drink, other than coffee and regular tea, that is! Its so easy, and its good for you, too! You can buy ginger tea in packets, but its better (and cheaper, too) to just make your own with fresh ginger. Thanks t
• Bournemouth, England
I use a lot of these (garlic pills, Vitamin C, honey and lemon). I'm using them at the moment as I have my first cold for a long time.
• Riga, Latvia
Hope your cold gets better quickly @asfarasiknow
• Bournemouth, England
@RasmaSandra Thank you. It's not too bad now.
@rina110383 (24145)
This is what my parents drink when they have a cough (Ginger tea). It works!
@skydream (1146)
• Agate, Colorado
I had no idea that chocolate would help! That's definitely going to be one of my go to remedies now!
I eat a piece of chocolate every evening and I usually get a hot chocolate in the afternoon. It's a week that I am sick with a bad cold.
• Riga, Latvia
Well then perhaps you need to try the other remedies @LadyDuck anyway I hope you feel much better soon.
@RasmaSandra It's a very bad flu going around this year. I am taking the medicine that the doctor gave me.
• Riga, Latvia
@LadyDuck well I hope you are feeling much better soon and up and about. Blessings to you.