I am one of THOSE people

Marion, Kansas
I do not mind winter weather at all. I do not mind going to work, or coming home. I DO mind wearing heavy coats. It will be good to have it if we have recess duty, but I much prefer my long sweater. My main charge will only come to school half days this week. Transition is hard for him. I will ride the HeadStart bus home with him when it goes to pick up other students for afternoon preschool. Guess I will take my coat.
I don't mind winter either. I like my cosy warm coats and jackets though
• Marion, Kansas
I want them to be loose and flexible.
been lucky, only had to do one recess outside so far, and it was COLD that day, pretty sure the kids should have stayed inside, too cold when half of them dont go to school wearing enough stuff.
• Marion, Kansas
It seems we do it on a class by class basis. A grade level will get together and say if they are going out or not. Some of these kids are real hands full if they do not go out and blow off steam. It may be cut to ten minutes, but the fresh air helps kill germs. Certain ones of them will be outside in shorts and flip flops when they go home, anyway.
• Marion, Kansas
@Jessicalynnt Opening the windows helps get the viruses and bacteria out. It is one of the best health measures ever.
@GardenGerty helps with my headaches too, need a certain amount of fresh air I think
@katsmeow1213 (28925)
I used to hate them when I was younger. I don't mind them now.
• Marion, Kansas
Are your kids that way too? I tend to feel my shoulders are too restricted.
@GardenGerty The teenagers don't like them. The younger boys have no choice.. I got my oldest and my 14 year old really nice Columbia coats for Christmas. The oldest wears his all the time, though as a teen he hated wearing coats. The 14 year old unzipped the inner lining and only wears that, which is fleece but not nearly as warm as the whole coat would be.
• Marion, Kansas
@katsmeow1213 Kids are funny and either want no coat or they want too many layers.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
My older sister hates heavy coats too, she almost always just wears a sweater in the winter.
• Marion, Kansas
One of the aids at school hardly even owns anything with long sleeves. She says she has never had a sweater, it is just too hot.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
@GardenGerty My sister is like that, and we have a postal worker here in town who walks his route, I saw him yesterday and he was in short sleeves.
• Marion, Kansas
@fishtiger58 I am not that bad, for sure.
I hate wearing more than t-shirts and shorts. I bought a nice winter coat a few years ago but have not worn it.
• Marion, Kansas
That sounds like me when I moved from Kansas to San Diego at the time of my first marriage.
@GardenGerty I lived in Hawaii for two years - left there in January and went back to NJ wearing an Hawaiian dress and sandels...there was snow on the ground in JFK when I landed...I wasn't cold...it didn't hit me for a few days then I dressed warmer!
• Marion, Kansas
@AbbyGreenhill It is quite a shock when it hits.
Well, it is good to take a coat just in case, but I, too, find them far too bulky most of the time.
• Marion, Kansas
It is good to have a coat if you are "stuck" outside for a long period of time. Otherwise, for just in and out, dressing warm is sufficient.
@PatZAnthony (11801)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We don't like coats either. Often we wear a thermal or heavy vest instead. It works for us!
• Marion, Kansas
I will wear layers, and am fine, when I control the time. The one little guy I have likes to ignore the time in whistle and so I might end up outdoors for an hour or more. Gloves become important at that time. Those are the days when I want a coat with a hood, because we seem to be in a wind tunnel.
@jhechorain (1234)
• Susanville, California
I don't take mine off very often in the winter.
• Marion, Kansas
I have coworkers who are in heavy sweaters or sweatshirts and jackets even inside.