Time Marches On

Winston Salem, North Carolina
It’s hard to beleive that the fat, happy baby in the photo is almost ready to launch into adult life. My husband has been on a cleaning/decluttering kick lately and has been tackling the task of getting a couple of boxes of slides converted to digital files (is he ever glad that our sojourn into the world of slides instead of prints only lasted for about a year). At some point every day I’m trying to make a point of glancing at the files he’s converted. Taking a walk down memory lane is a pastime I take great pleasure in. One of the photos he scanned last night was this gem. It’s hard to beleive that this sassy little butter ball is an adult. If I had any doubts about his looming independence this morning would have been an eye opener. My first born had a job interview over the phone this morning with his #1 job choice post University (he graduates in May). Ten days from now, we will find out whether or not he’s off to work at a resort in Germany for the next year and a half.
@Gillygirl (17305)
• Sutton, England
Photos are a lovely way to take a trip down memory lane. Your son was a cutie pie when he was a baby. You must be very proud of him now.
Wow, that's awesome. I hope he gets the job. He sure was a cute lil butterball.
He was a little ham! I'm hoping he gets the job as well, but we'll have to wait and see.
My nephew was like that @Platespinner sometimes it was a lot of fun.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We must have boys about the same age, my oldest will graduate in May also. It is so hard to believe and they really do grow so very very fast. What a cutie he was & good luck on his job interview.
I have trouble reconciling the happy baby that he was, with the opinionated young man he has become.
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
best wishes for the future ahead for him
@UncleJoe (9955)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
How did I miss this? What a happy looking baby. I found out too late that they are a trap. I'm a sucker for cuddly little babys because I forget that when they become teens I will hate them.
I managed to be completely besotted with each of my babies before they developed enough attitude to drive me batty. That adorable little imp has always needed to be the center of attention, he's also challenged every boundary we've ever set for him. He's wearing a sock on his hand, over a bandage that's covering a burn because he had to touch the oven door to see if it really was hot. (He's also the kid who grabbed the electric fence).
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Seeing that photo pop up under the you might also like.....it only showed the eyes and forehead....I knew instantly it was you....then it wasn't.
@Shellyann36 (9616)
Oh boy that job sounds exciting. kids grow up so fast!
@AunBecky (143)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
He certainly was a beautiful baby.
I hope he gets the job. How exciting.
I love this photo. I am sure that you are happy for your son, but unhappy to know he will be so far from you.
Wow! That is spreading his wings and flying the nest isn't it? Good luck to him.
What a sweet photo. Good luck to him with the job.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
Well done to your son for chasing his dreams. That sounds like a wonderful opportunity.
@xFiacre (4453)
@platespinner I start to wonder about reality when I think of my kids as babies and see then now. How did that happen? Are they really the same people?
Cute little guy! Wow that would be awesome and what an opportunity to work in a resort in Germany. I wish him all the best with his interview! Please keep us updated when you know more!!
Wishing your son the best of luck in getting this very desired job!!! Yes, those sweet babies grow up and bring with them all kinds of new milestones.
Good luck to him! I too enjoy looking at old pictures. I need to remember to do that more often.
@louievill (18667)
Time does fly very fast, good luck to whatever he's plans in life are.
@inertia4 (27674)
Time does fly by pretty fast. I know how you feel. It just seems like yesterday that my son was born now he is this 6 foot tall 15 year old. And my daughter is now 12 and just as tall as I am. Wow. It makes you feel old but proud of them. I have been going through old photos also from my mother and I am going to digitize them. Including all her old slides from way back in the 60's. Some good memories on them.
Which resort would that be?