My 52 book challenge contest

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I must admit I am excited as I am entering my first reading contest ever for my local library system. It is called the 52 Book Challenge! It is called that because the flier I have and what my bets librarian friends told me it is one book a week to read! I will get the reading log for the contest next time I go to the library Probably Thursday if the rain lets up! There aren't too many rules, and they are simple. One must be 18 years or older. You can turn in your reading logs starting July 1, 2017 The contest is from January 1, 2017 -December 30, 2017 The book could be an ebook, a good old fashioned paper book or audio book. But if it is not audio books it has to have a minimum 100 pages. The books can be either adult and/or young adult The ones who read 52 books by the deadline will be entered into a random drawing, and the library will pick one person to name January 5, 2018. This person will be awarded a small gift that has not been revealed as to what it is! Have you ever entered a reading contest like this?
• Denmark
I'm an avid reader but I don't fancy reading contests. I read at my own speed.
@maluse Yes, it isn't for everybody! I was never in a contest as it just started last year and my mom was sick last year.
NO, I have never entered such a reading contest. I only read on my own terms. I dislike deadlines.
@marlina I guess that it is not for anybody!
@Marty1 Every one is different.
@marlina I agree we are all different!
• Portland, Connecticut
I have not but for most of my life it would not have been much of a challenge, I read several books a week.
@bellestarr May I ask how you manage several books a week? I am quite impressed! Good for you! How do you manage your time so well?
• Portland, Connecticut
@Marty1 I read before going to bed and excuse this, in the bathroom and instead of TV on many occasions. I am also a very fast reader which helps.
@BelleStarr Wow! How lucky you are! I am supposed to get into bed at 7 pm and not use the computer until 5 am the next day, so I will have plenty of time to read in the future.
This contest sounds like so much fun. I have never entered any reading contest. Wishing you the best of luck with this contest!!!
@corbin5 Thank you very much, my friend! I am going to try my hardest!
@Marty1 And, remember, it is perfectly fine if you are not able to get them all read! Pick short ones!!! The YA books are such wonderful reads and just move along so quickly!!! Do not pressure yourself too much with this, just do it for enjoyment, and you may surprise yourself.
@Corbin5 Thank you so much for the advice! It is perfect!
@FayeHazel (10802)
I just entered my first reading contest, too! Good luck I hope you win something fun
@fayehazel I hope you win, too!
@nomus24g (16060)
All the best...I've set myself 35 books for this year & I am keeping a tab of it on Goodreads
@NOMUS24G i hope you make your goal! 35 is a good goal! I am keeping track oof 100 books on Good Reads too!
@nomus24g (16060)
@Marty1 100 books...which genres mainly??
@nomus24g I am not guaranteeing I will make it, but I am willing to try. But I like to try big goals as I once read in a book! I like self-help and mysteries the best, but I am trying to branch out in genres.
No I haven't. I would imagine it would be hard to read 52 books in one month, unless I'm reading that wrong. Your contest dates are for only one month.
@just4him I will edit it is for a year January 1-December 30 is the actual dates. I wasn't well when writing this and I must have made a mistake; I have a year to read the books! Thak you so much for bringing it to my attention I appreciate it! I truly am thankful you told me that! I certainly couldn't read 52 books in a month! I am trying to read more but I am a little bit realistic lol!
@just4him I saw the typo and edited it Thanks for telling me!
@Marty1 I have a trilogy to read, but not finding time to do so. I really need to make time. I started the one book over because it was taking so long just to get what I did get read and I had lost the train of thought on the book. It's a very good book and one recommended by a myLotter here.
@silvermist (15807)
@Marty1 No,I have never participated in such contests.I wish you would win in the competition.Best of luck.
@silvermist Thank you very much! I will try and do my best to win
@silvermist (15807)
@Marty1 Okay that is the spirit.Go ahead .
No never. I hope you meet the challenge and win the price.
@jstory07 Thank you! I am certainly going to try my hardest to get the 52 books read!
Good luck to you. You certainly stand a good chance of winning with all the reading you do. I'm not interested in something like that, but I'm going to do some reading in a little while. I read all the time, and probably more than 52 books per year.
@dianneN I am doing it at the suggestion of my two favorite librarians Phyllis and Sandra I was going to do some reading too as my sister and nephew might stay late as they are coming just don;t know the time as it is pretty late as it is and I might have to go to bed when they leave! But will try to keep some time for reading in bed like I am supposed to do each night! I am sure you read hundreds of books you are so smart!. I am reading a Max Lucado, my favorite Christian author! It is excellent I should finish it today!
I haven't heard of a competition like this. I hope you do well in it.
@judyev Thank you for the kind words!
Hope you can get in those 52 books & win the contest
@marilynda1225 Thank you very much, going to try my hardest!
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This sounds like something you will really enjoy.