Dear PETA and ASPCA

I will not support you. I will not support such high rates of killing of animals. You are not helping the situation. Bills get blocked saying that if a no kill shelter will take in an animal, the animal cannot be killed. You want to tug at everyone's heart strings and make them think that the animals in your care will be cared for. Maybe instead of shutting down no kill shelters that may be having a hard time keeping up and taking their animals to kill, you should help them with the issues they have. Of course, I will not support you as it will take away from the animals I have rescued and are living happy lives. I choose to allow the animals to live. The only time I was willing to kill an animal was to save them from an aggressive dogs. I would have shot the dogs if I would have seen them in my yard again. I had one cat killed by them. It wasn't going to happen again. Was I happy when I was backed into that corner? NO! But people are stupid and left the dogs to care for themselves when a family member died. I do believe they were killed after being taken in, too much aggression. Stupid people, take care of your animals! If you support these organizations, I have no problem with that. Just don't forget local shelters that don't kill. We need to help each other. That does't mean go and steal animals from people's yards. That doesn't mean belittle those who are trying, especially when you don't know the whole story. That means support. SUPPORT! I am going to end here. Just please treat your animals lovingly and care for them. God bless
@VivaLaDani13 (20436)
• Perth, Australia
@Autismmom I can surely feel your anger and frustration through this post! I don't like hearing about animals getting mistreated for any reason. People can be alarmingly cruel to animals and I do not understand why.
@nanette64 (17697)
• Fairfield, Texas
The saddest part of all @Autismmom is that the CEO's of these places make a fortune. The money raised should be going to the shelters, not the big wigs. I ran an animal shelter for several years because the city and county wouldn't do it. I had to fight to get funding. At one time I had 106 dogs and 20 cats and NOT ONE was killed. And you can bet my adoption methods were extremely strict.
well said there.Yes,support the local shelter.
@msiduri (5749)
I am all for supporting local shelters as well, but frankly, I can't make heads or tails for your post. What exactly are PETA and the ASPCA doing that has upset you? And how did killing an animal save it from aggressive dogs? I'm confused. It seems a less extreme measure might have been found. Granted, I don't know the circumstances. That's why I'm asking.
It was the aggressive dogs that I would have killed if they would have come back in my yard before they were found. PETA and ASPCA are organizations that claim to be for the better treatment of animals. Taking them in and having over a 50% rate of killing the ones they take in infuriates me. Sorry for the confusion.
@msiduri (5749)
@Autismmom Thanks for the clarifications. I can see defending your pet from aggressive dogs. I hope it would never come to that, but if it did, fair enough. And the 50% kill rate: consider that they often get sick animals, aggressive animals that cannot safely be placed in homes, and animals that have been wounded and have slim or no change of recovery. I hate to see any animal killed. The only this worse it to see an animal suffer. I would be happy if it were less, just the same.
@msiduri but that isn't the case. When you take in over 6000 animals, more than 400 are able to be placed. I refuse to believe over 5000 were unfit to place somewhere.