It's raining!

Peoria, Arizona
Well... no it isn't. Rain isn't in the forecast until the weekend, but it was raining in my room last night. I need noise when I sleep, I like white noise. I sleep better during the day because there is so much noise. Car motors, jets, wind. A lot of noise...except for the dog that won't shut up...or kids bouncing a basket ball just as I am get cozy. Grr. So last night I did something I never done before to help me sleep. I decided to turn on a video on YouTube that plays rain sounds. Just raining, no thunder or lightening just the sounds of rain. Normally when I go to sleep it takes a bit to actually feel rested. Last night I think it took me up to 10 minutes or maybe less to fall sleep. I woke up a few times which I always do when I sleep but when I woke up this morning I actually felt rested It was amazing! I guess I found a new thing to help me sleep through out the night.
There was a time when I played the sound of ocean waves. Problem was they also added seagulls to it and I didn't care for that. It was hard to find one that had just the sound of the ocean waves.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is unfortunate. I wouldn't mind the sound of seagulls. Since that is a high pitch noise that doesn't really bother me.
@DesirousDreamer I need soothing sounds. High pitched sounds makes the ringing in my ears worse.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ElusiveButterfly Ooh, yeah I understand
@Hate2Iron (8029)
How cool is that!! I will have to try that... there are mornings when I open my eyes, and I'm sure that I haven't slept a wink!!
• Peoria, Arizona
ASMR is probably the best thing for people who just have so much struggle relaxing and sleeping.
@Jackalyn (7127)
• Oxford, England
I frequently fall asleep listening to youtube. The rain sounds would be a good option. I wonder if there is one of rain on canvas by the sea? That would be amazing and very restful
• Peoria, Arizona
I normally fall asleep to youtube but then I found myself watching this new youtuber and I just keep watching his videos...I am addicted haha I am pretty sure someone has made one of that, It would be something to look up
@Jackalyn (7127)
• Oxford, England
@DesirousDreamer If not I might!
That is wonderful. I am glad that you found something that helps you sleep. I may have to try that one.
• Peoria, Arizona
I used to laugh with my mom at those little things we saw at furniture stores that create waterfall or jungle sounds to help people sleep. I now know first hand..those work so well haha
@topffer (36363)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
It works, and it is a good thing that you found a noise working for you. I tried a lot of white noise to help me sleep from jungle sounds to trains. The more efficient on me is the noise of a fireplace.
• Peoria, Arizona
I would be a little too paranoid with a fireplace haha I might try other noises like an ocean or other things just to experiement.
Good for you.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you haha