Good Thursday!

Good morning, or evening to everyone! Its a unusually mild start to our day today here in Southwestern Ontario. This is January and this is Canada, and last year we were in a deep freeze. That is not the case the past little while here. With temperatures in the high 40's and 50F it feels more like March. Today I won't have to wear my winter coat. Its too bad, because I just bought it less then 2 weeks ago. But its great that its so mild, you an get out and go for a walk without the worry of snow or ice. And more often then not, the precipitation in the weather forecast is for rain as opposed to snow, sleet or ice. Woohoo for an usually warm winter. How is your Thursday dawning?
• Olney, Illinois
I am trying to enjoy my last day under the rule of Barack Obama. Tomorrow scares me a bit.
To be honest with you, it scares a lot of Canadians, especially the lunch-pail carrying, blue collar workers in the manufacturing industry. That is my husband's sector. You enjoy the last day of the current presidency.
I am loving this mild winter. There are no complaints from me. I, also, bought a new winter jacket that I don't need to weat, yet, anyway. lol I work all day today so nothing much planned here.
I only work for 4 hours today, then I want to pick up some groceries, and I have to gas up the car for our drive tomorrow, if I were a little more on the ball I would wash it, but no.......its still officially winter.
@Juliaacv lol gasing it up will do just fine!!
@Happy2BeMe I might bring some change and stop to at least vacuum the floor mats, they could use it.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Nearly afternoon here. It's cold but sunny. The winter has been kind here too.
I like a mild winter, we are almost ready to take the micro fleece sheets off of our bed, and get out the nice summer cotton sheets. I love the lower heating bills and no worries as far as slipping on ice or snow.
That is warm weather. Today is fog, icy patches on the roads from overnight low temps. Today will be more snow melt which leads to more ice and tomorrow we get another blast of rain,sleet, and ice. I want winter - snow, not what is happening out there which is unsafe for man or beast.
I agree, its really odd when we don't have a real winter. I might be one of the few that says that because I like the cold crisp weather, so long as its dry.
@Juliaacv Winter is my favorite season.
@just4him Mine is autumn followed closely by both winter as well as spring.
@else34 (13636)
• New Delhi, India
A very good Thursday to you too.Here the weather is slightly and pleasantly cold and sunny.I am just back from my workplace and about to go for a long evening walk.
Enjoy your walk, dress warmly if its cold out.
@else34 (13636)
• New Delhi, India
@Juliaacv Of course.It is cold outside and I have put on my sweater and coat.
Perhaps you've scotched the freezing weather by buying a new coat! :)
I wondered that myself, but there are lots of winter days left to warm up in it still.
@Juliaacv So I guess it isn't ALL your fault then.
Ah the climate changes are so evident and it is interesting to note that some people still do NOT believe there is a global warming trend continuing . . .
I agree, they need to come with another name for this season, winter doesn't quite cut it!
@Juliaacv well that would upset the 'plan' of four solid seasons with their varying degrees and adding another season just isn't it . . . but I get what is being said and we can thank books like the farmers Almanac to really teach us just how necessary climate changes really are, instead of gasping at how unbearable one is
Los Angeles woke up to a cold rain system that is supposed to hang around a few days.
Hopefully the coolness passes and you return to your regular weather.
@Juliaacv I can't really complain because we need the rain since it has been drought conditions here for years.
@averygirl72 (16394)
The air is cold right now here as start of cool season. Nice to know it's getting warm there
Its just been a very mild winter.
Good morning! It has been very warm here too, it usually doesn't get too cold here but not this warm either. It's been in the high 70's here.
I went to work with just a light jacket on, and the weatherman was wrong, its cool out today, and I regretted not dressing warmer. I won't make that mistake again.
As dismal and gray as our day is here at least it isn't snowing or icy. I can deal with the warmer temperatures and it looks like we're in for some more mild temperatures as the days go on.
I went out without a winter jacket and I regretted it, that wind is cold! I had to fill up the car with gas on my way home from work, and it was chilly standing there-I won't make that mistake again any time soon.
We had a too warm temperature until the end of the year, then the cold came in and from about two weeks it's very very cold, the snow and the ice are not melting.
The sun isn't out today and I regretted not wearing a warmer jacket, but I had to try it anyways!
today is warm considering Temp in the forties.Lot of melting.
That's what it is here too, love this in January!
Good morning and, things are pretty good here.
Good to hear!
The weather is warmer here too today.
I love it, I have severe osteoporosis and worry about slipping and hurting myself on the ice and snow.
@frank96 (115)
temperature here is about 20 , which i think it's the most perfect for human being in winter
I agree!
@Marijn (281)
Hope everyone has a great day