The US Presidential Inauguration

@LeaPea2417 (15410)
Toccoa, Georgia
Well, it is official now, the USA has a new President and Vice President. I watched the inauguration on the television. I was so glad to be able to watch it live because it will become a part of the History books. God bless President Trump & Vice President Pence. A lot of people on the News and online said (and it is so true), our peaceful transfer of power is a very special thing. So, whether you like Trump or not, please wish him well and that he will make the right decisions. God bless America!
Yes, respect for the office of POTUS is paramount now. I am so pleased you got to watch the inauguration live. The process does remind us of love for country.
@LeaPea2417 (15410)
• Toccoa, Georgia
While watching it, I got this overwhelming since of patriotism.
@LeaPea2417 So did I. It was wonderful.
@LeaPea2417 (15410)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Corbin5 Yes, it was :)
@ChrisH09 (282)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Well look at that, I hope he serves his country well.
@LeaPea2417 (15410)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I hope so too.
@Telynor (1142)
I respect the office, but I don't think I can respect the man. His actions and speech during his campaign crossed too many boundaries with me. I just pray, as you do, that his decisions will be the right ones.
I agree with you. I have zero respect for him. My life was very good and I hope it continues but I worry about what he will or won't do.
We saw it on Tv and they are going to the lunch dinner right now.
@LeaPea2417 (15410)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, the lunch went on longer than expected. They are doing the parade right now. The parade was suppose to be earlier.
The New President =
we will see if he follow through.Think it is going to make enemy with others
I didn't watch it because I didn't want to hear any commentators make passive aggressive comments or see footage of cranky protesters. People's behavior bums me out. I just want everyone to try to support each other! I agree with you.
@LeaPea2417 (15410)
• Toccoa, Georgia
One thing the news commentators did say, it was on FOX. They said that the foreign news channels were making the protests look much worse than they were. I am not saying the protests were not bad, they were and the people violently protesting should be arrested, but the World News made it look like America was on fire, on the verge of collapse when that is not true.
I don't like him