Reading books...

Staten Island, New York
In the past I used to read a lot of books. I could even read a book in one day. Now, it takes me weeks, if not months, to read a book. And I read much less than I used to. I wonder what happened? I probably don't even read 20 books in a year's time. I used to go to the library many times and get books to read. I don't remember the last time I went to the library. And the books that I've read recently, or am reading now, are those I've bought. How many books do you read in a year?
@silvermist (17119)
@lovebuglena I too used to read a lot of books.But nowadays,The number of books I read has dwindled.
@silvermist That surprises me as I thought you are still reading a lot. How many books do you average a week? A month? DO you still read or just not as much? I had a slight problem where I could not read and comprehend it, but that is better now as a day or so ago!!
@silvermist (17119)
@Marty1 I used to read a lot.Now I am reading a book.But I have not read any short stories this week.I am trying to finish this one book this .
@silvermist I still read a lot but have been having problems, but i think those are solved! I will be read a LOT more in the near future!
@iridion9 (2438)
Very seldome in reading books now. I read much eBooks using my android tablet or smartphone.
• Staten Island, New York
I will forever be a real book lover. No e-books for me.
@iridion9 (2438)
@lovebuglena Really? If you support books you are supporting killing million of trees. eBooks help save million of trees and mother earth. And besides eBooks are way cheaper than books.
• Staten Island, New York
@iridion9 The experience of reading a real book is much different than reading an e-book. I love the book smell, and flipping through the pages rather than pressing a button to read books on a screen.
I probably average a book a week.
@johnroberts Good for you!
@Tina30219 (28309)
• Onaway, Michigan
I love to read and depending on how good the book is I can finish it in a day. Last year I set a reading goal to read 100 books by the end of the year but I beat that I read 109 going for 120 to 125 I am at 13 right now.
• Staten Island, New York
One of my friends does this too. I used to read much more than I do now. I'd be lucky if I read 20 books by the end of the year. If I set a book goal for myself it'd be a pretty low number.
@Tina30219 (28309)
• Onaway, Michigan
@lovebuglena Even if it is a low number you can have fun beating previous goal. I read 36 year before last year and beat that with my 109
@lovebuglena I read quite a few, Right now I am in a competition for reading 52 books in a year from my local library. Plus made a goal of 100 books for the year on Good Reads!
• Staten Island, New York
Good luck! Hope you reach your goal. I've never really set a goal for the amount of books to read in a year, etc. Maybe I should. Maybe that will motivate me to read more.
@lovebuglena It is encouraging me to read more for sure. I am reading a really good book now and find I don't need motivation as it is something I just naturally love to do!
@tzwrites (4144)
I have the same issue, I think I lost interest
• Staten Island, New York
I hope I didn't lose interest because that would be sad.
@DWDavis (10811)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I used to read twelve to fifteen books or more a year. Now, I read, maybe, five or six. Part of the reason is I a lot of the time I used to spend reading books, I now spend writing them.
• Staten Island, New York
Nice to you are a writer and author. Now people get to read your books.
@bluefre (63)
• Manila, Philippines
It only takes me a few days to finish a book. Since last month, I've read six already.
Less than 12. It takes me forever to read a book. I can't focus anymore like I used to.
@dramagirl26 (3384)
• Ringgold, Virginia
It also takes me a few weeks to a few months to read a book. It's mostly due to the length of the story and if I have time to read.
• Portland, Connecticut
I only read a few these days. I think it is the internet that took the place of reading for me. I spend way too much time writing and doing other things on my computer, by the time I would normally read, my eyes are exhausted as is my brain.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
I don't read a lot of books in a year. I used to read all the time and went through a lot of books but it isn't that way anymore.