My MyLot Persona

persona
Germany
I joined myLot one year and three months ago. Today is a good day to look at the impact I've made on the community. Why today? Unfortunately, the Guideline rules don't allow me to answer this question. :-) I came to myLot together with many other members from the infamous B site when it closed shop. This means that I didn't have to start from scratch. Many members knew me already and had formed an opinion on me. Others got to know me later. Distinctly or between the lines some of them have informed me what they think about me. What have I learnt about myself? I am: very basic / direct / blunt / rude / I must be blocked. I am: helpful / friendly / funny / precise / very intelligent. What do I make of this? Am I a Faustian character? Do two souls dwell in my chest? Am I a case of split personality disorder? Should I consult a shrink? Oh no. I don't take these contradictory characteristics too seriously. In my opinion, they reveal more about the personality of the writer than about me. Besides, thinking that we really get to know someone through their online writings is a naive illusion. I've met two women in real life who I had got to know (or so I thought) on online sites. One was how I expected her to be, the other was different. I've written this for the members who suffer if they notice that not all people love them. Why should all people love me? I don't love all people, either. As long as the right people love me, I'm fine. Thanks, peeps!
It is unrealistic to think that our dear selves should be loved by all. What a boring world it would be, and a boring myLot it would be, if all members refrained from being their true selves.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Unfortunate yes. But I do so want everyone to like me
@FayeHazel Why is that so important to you? People are too different. Not all characters harmonise with each other.
I have a few here do not like me at all.Not sure why and really do not care.They do not know mw. One I have been very truthful with it.Read all his post and then all of a sudden I am dropped.Why?not sure
There are enough friendly people on the site. One shouldn't get upset over the unfriendly ones.
@MALUSE I do not get upset about it.Just curious.
@amadeo I figured everyone liked you. You are open and honest. Those are good characters to have in a person.
That's so true that not everyone here will like us ( and vice versa), just as it's true in real life. Happy birthday
Thank you!
@EMuhungi (1733)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yeah not all people will love you, I like the article, a very informative one, good to learn something about you, Its good that we all appreciate the fact that we are all different
You know that I love you because you are direct and you say what you feel you have to say. We cannot pretend to be loved by everybody, it's the same in real life.
@LadyDuck This comment is a nice birthday present. Grazie!
@MALUSE Is your birthday today? Happy Birthday, mine will be exactly in one month. :(
@LadyDuck Thank you! My birthday was on January 20th.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
This contrast of opinions is really inevitable. However we behave or act there are always those who like us and those who dislike us.
Indeedy. And one shouldn't lose sleep over that.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
@MALUSE I agree because it is impossible to avoid.
@MALUSE And I don't lose sleep over this. Not one bit.
@Aushaw (887)
This is a very interesting and beautiful post. I loved it.
Thank you.
@Aushaw (887)
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
I don't think I've ever met anyone from online writing sites. It would be really interesting. I think that the way of expressing our thoughts in writing is different from the way the same words would sound if we would say them in person. However when I read a few writings from the same person, I will form a general idea of their character and maybe their intentions. Do you think it can be very different from the real personality of the person?
As I've written in my post, it was different in one case. I had expected to find a self-confident, slightly arrogant person, but found someone who was a bit shy and modest. "I don't think I've ever met anyone from online writing sites." -- This is a funny sentence. You would notice if you did, wouldn't you? I made appointments with the two people I met.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
@MALUSE Yes, you are right. (To be precise then, I haven't met anyone!) I've found a few members from my country here and we had some interaction but it was brief. I didn't consider making an appointment, I would be curious and hesitant at the same time.
@KristenH (24396)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Happy anniversary. So glad to know you.
Oh, thank you!
@KristenH (24396)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@MALUSE You're welcome.
Happy birthday!
Thank you!
Very true, as long as the right people love us. I have been here for a similar amount of time.
It's as it is in real life. I don't care for some people, and they don't care for me. No big deal. I always feel that I'm better off without them, whether here or in real life.
@Drosophila (16705)
the question is, are you always who you are online and offline? or you're more who you want to be online? Writer or otherwise.
Perhaps some simply misunderstand you and they are missing out. I enjoyed your company on the B site and continue to enjoy interacting with you in Mylot. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
First of all, I'm from Bubbs but I left there way way before the demise....I'm old but i'm no fool. Second, I really don't care if everyone loves me....like you said I don't love/like many people...here and in real life. I don't life for whatever others think of me.
So you are happy with who you are and those who love you? That's great!
@Inlemay (16681)
• South Africa
you forgot to say: Kind and caring in your attributes, The thing I like most about mylotting, are the 10 or more people that I like and will read and follow every day. I look forward to hear what they say, do, eat, think, rant, rave, cry, laugh, smile and all the other human things we are able to express here.
Thank you very much for this comment. It has come at the right time. I've just been told by a member that my asking for the information in which country a member lives is rude and not my business.
@Inlemay (16681)
• South Africa
@MALUSE Oh dear - touchy they are, Asking in which country they live is just being polite and realistic in wanting to know where members are from. I dont know MyLot doesnt have it mandatory that our countries are show - as is yours and as is mine! Whats to hide?
@syeow1 (4909)
@syeow1 Can you please put your smileys into words?
@syeow1 (4909)
@MALUSE no words.amazing
It is interesting that, through the course of reading the posts of a person over many months, some will suddenly come out with something that seems very out of character. It's hard to get to know a person well just by communicating with them online. And it's good to remember that we don't need to be loved by everyone.
That happened to me the other day. I posted something I found funny (about a made-up politician) but none of the members I thought would see it in the same light as I did so. They even asked what all that meant. If you have to explain a joke, it isn't funny anymore.
@MALUSE You are so right about having to explain a joke. It immediately becomes very un-funny.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Hm. I am sorry to hear some people don't appreciate your style. I know you're German - I think German culture is more... direct. Blunt - if you will. I don't think it's rude. I just think it's a cultural thing. Anyway I like you and your posts. :-)
Thank you. You may be right. Other cultures are more 'from the back through the chest into the eye' as we say. The result is the same. A very roundabout way seems false to us.