Sunshine on my shoulder makes me cry

@sallypup (18543)
Moses Lake, Washington
Anybody besides me remember good old John Denver and his Rocky Mountain High? I am in mourning today. I feel shaken and sad and doubtful about this country. And I worry about the little people, like that guy standing on that icy road shoulder today, cardboard sign in hand. There aren't enough programs and money to help the homeless now. What is going to happen from this point on? And I, as a writer and a poet in particular, feel attacked. I heard the news from a dear friend that the Endowment for the Arts is being cut back to possibly zilch. That attacks me and that slashes the heart of what America is. The Arts is our soul. Our being. Its what makes us tick. We need guitar strums and we need kids going to hear classical music and plays if we are going to continue having new generations of scientists and professors and problem solvers. If the weather holds I plan to be at a Women's March tomorrow. My roommate? She'll get me there. I'm not sure how much walking she can do but she'll get us there if the weather cooperates. My husband is thinking about going too. I've got a huge case of the Sads today but I will carry on and make supper and feed birds etc.
There are many programs to worry about - I'm concerned about Social Security and Medicare and the fact he never talks about seniors, although he is one.
• Denmark
A billionaire senior doesn't have to worry about such things as Medicare and Social Security.
@MALUSE He better start worry about all the people...
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill This is too Orwellian for me.
@tzwrites (3030)
My opinion is that it's always best to wait and see what happens before freaking out. They say so much negativity is going to happen but it's only day 1. He may claim to cut funding but it's not only his decision...he is only one man and the reality is that a president's power is limited. Hope for the best.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@tzwrites If this were only the first teeny step of horror I would not freak out. This monster movie has been going on for months and months.
• Eugene, Oregon
He and his party control the government. There is ample reason to "freak out." He is a disaster of the world.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic I agree. I am going to a local women's march today, my dearest beside me and maybe my roommate though she has trouble walking for too long. The women's march gives me a bit of hope.
@PatZAnthony (11757)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Hope you have a good day at the Women's March. There have never been enough programs to help the poor, yet so many complain we do too much. Money will be sent to another country first before a program for the poor is funded.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@PatZAnthony I agree with you and it is horrible.
• Eugene, Oregon
Too true and it will be worse now.
I am proud of you for getting out for the March tomorrow. There are a lot of people from this area headed down to show their support!
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Happy2BeMe That's just such good news. Makes me grin on a sad day. Thank you Canadians. Democracy is a must in whatever country a person lives in.
@sallypup yes for sure.
@KristenH (18324)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That's sad and an atrocity to hear. That's why I'm anti-Trump along the way. We should create a petition to keep the Arts anyway we can.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@KristenH What I hate about petitions is that they get ignored. And run over. No democracy here.
@KristenH (18324)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@sallypup Hmm. We'll think of something that it won't get ignored.
@alberello75 (10971)
• Genova, Italy
Well, on the topic of homelessness, I have to begin to understand what is the life of these people. Why? Simple, one day, unfortunately, I will be one of them! What my negative curruculum 1) 41 years of age 2) Mental Invalid to 75% 3) There isn't a "thing" that I know to do! (therefore absolutely out of the "world of work") Enough as well, or do I go further? However, the hope is the last to die!
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 How sad. There is no one, no agency that will help you? You sound like you are filled with love and kindness- those are super people skills that should be of value somewhere. I wish you well.
@alberello75 (10971)
• Genova, Italy
@sallypup Thank you. However each person has at least one talent. The problem is that often, this remains "hidden"
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Well then, let your light shine! I can see it from clear over here.
Yes, I recall the man and his music. I am nervous about this country. I don't think the destructive demonstrations are right but I sure don't blame those people for doing just that. It is a time to be watchful and listen. It is a time for big change and don't know if that change is a good one. Hillary won the popular vote with 2.8 million. Trump won by only 77.000 votes. He speaks of carnage. I wonder.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle This last year has done nothing to settle my nerves. And now I just hurt. His words are crazy; not erudite, designed to foment and continue the rioting. Does he get some kind of excitement out of witnessing such atrocities as one American harming another American?
@sallypup .....You might want to read up on narcissistic personality disorder. I think he is a classic case.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle Agreed.
There is always a very large group of people who are saddened by the election of a president for whom they did not support. Been there many times, and one just hopes for the best.
• Eugene, Oregon
@sallypup Sad but true, I'm afraid.
Take care. I am sorry it is a sad day for you. I hope the weather lets you get to your march.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@paigea Thanks. Sure good to hear from you.
• Denmark
Where will you march?
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
In a little town about half an hour north of me, called Ephrata.
Good luck with the march tomorrow. I have heard that there are other myLotters who will be attending too. I hope you all stay safe.
along with help to the middle income with mortgages, a way for insurance companies to back out of ACA before it gets nuked, and some other horrible stuff....
President Donald Trump quickly assumed the mantle of the White House on Friday, making his first executive order one aimed at his predecessor's signature health care law and swearing-in members of his national security team to his Cabinet. Hours after deli
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Please, please note that I hit the like button only to show courtesy to you Jessica. NOT liking the stuff you showed me. Huge frownies from me otherwise.
@sallypup lol! I only share because people need to know. I dont like it either!
I hope there won't be anymore added homeless people now that you got trump as President.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Letranknight2015 I fear the worst will happen. Thank you for your well wishes.
I had not heard about that. That will be really sad if that is cut.
• Eugene, Oregon
I can relate. It was a sad day. Anne and I will march tomorrow with maybe 5000 people here. Did you hear that the White House website has been stripped of any reference to climate change, LGTB rights, immigration and other "human" sorts of things. The Facists (or Putin minions) are moving fast