The N word should not be used by anyone.

The one thing that I think should be changed is the use of the N word. I was watching the news a while back when a few stars were torn to pieces for using that disgusting word. The other day G called to speak to me. he was in the shop he works at. A few guys came in and they all greeted each other. What's up my N. And I was like so disgusted. Not once did I hear G use that term to address anyone. But then some bum that I met in the club came up to him talking about a shooting that took place. I mean if I could count 5 times he used that word it could be more. I hung up right in the moment. When G called back to say he was sorry. I told him I was not upset over him greeting the bum. Yes he is a bum. I let him know that I don't tolerate that word at all. he was very understanding which was nice. Now to explain why I called that bum a bum. He saw me in the club with G. He made it his point to let me know ow he felt I looked. Which was not ok with me. he began telling me how he wish he met me first. Another blow to my nerves. kept offering me drinks. I kept saying no. All the while spitting on me while talking. I ended up moving all our things to another seat and the bum followed. About 5 men tried to get him away from me and not once would he listen. I had to pee so bad but knew if I stood up ad he saw me how nasty he could be. I had no choice I walked across the room to the bathroom. n all I could hear was him describing my body to the other men that were also looking. He was a bum and always will be. anyway if stars can get in trouble for using that word so the heck should anyone else.
@louievill (18966)
Perhaps they should give stiffer penalties for people who uses it but that is up to your legislators to enact a law.
@topffer (34690)
• France
It reminds me "Demolition Man" with Sylvester Stallone. He was receiving a ticket from a machine each time he was saying a bad word. I would not like to live in a world like this. If a word is not said as an insult, I do not see any reason to punish its use. It is a question of context : even scholarly words can be used as insults, look at captain Haddock in Tintin comics.
@louievill (18966)
@topffer that's why it's up to legislators of a particular country to decide what is and what not, it has to go through several readings and debates etc..
@topffer (34690)
• France
@louievill I do not think that it would be wise to forbid the use of any word, and not only because we have not yet the technology to put a ticket machine behind each citizen, but as legislators are not always wise it might happen. Besides I do not think that a law against bad words can be voted in the Philippines as long as you will have Duterte for President.
• New Delhi, India
I cannot get the word lol
• New Delhi, India
@HAPPSINGH did you get it?
• New Delhi, India
@HAPPSINGH now I get it
• New Delhi, India
@HAPPSINGH yep...
I do not lke that word either and it is wrong to use it.
Oh that is just wrong indeed.
@reskyyandi (3690)
Umm I am not too understand
@louievill (18966)
Sometimes innocence is a blessing, its a very disgusting racist word.
@louievill oh, I don't know about that before
@louievill (18966)
@reskyyandi sorry you had to learn it but we must to avoid mistakes done in the past.
@ricki_911 (19595)
• Toronto, Ontario
Reminds me of last weekend at work. I am not sure if age is factor as all the older balck men are so nice, and respectful. Yes, I have met younger that are as well. But most my age I just stand with my mouth hanging open because of how they talk even the females are pretty bad. I couldn't imagine talking like that and sounded like a baffling idiot and uneducated.
That is just what they sound like as well...
I don't know what to say regarding this horrible word. Why would anyone use it even in jest. Not funny. I remember you talking about this guy in the bar before. He is about as low life as they get. Ignorant too. Bum is a very nice way to speak of him. I'd use several others.
I told g to stay away from such a loser as he is. He will drag you down. G is always leaving places from people doing reckless stuff. While he is out trying to earn a living. What a shame.
It is to totally unacceptable. I will not tolerate it either.
It's all you hear when your outside around my way. Just disgusting I say.
@sharon6345 yes it is. I would not like that
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't like using the N word either. It just doesn't seem right. Some people might be okay with using it, but not me. I don't like it. I don't think it shouldn't be used at all, but that's just me.
I agree and with anyone looking for respect from one another it should not be used.
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@sharon6345 It really shouldn't be. I do find it disrespectful.
@sharon6345 I agree. There are so many unoffensive, decent words to use in the English language that I find the N word extremely offensive and hate when I hear others use it and refuse to use it myself.
That is good as well I am glad being that it's not a nice word. Thanks Jennifer.
@sharon6345 It is a horrible word. You are welcome
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I agree. My neighborhood now is full of black people
Ok .
It is an evil word
That I could scream off the roof top.
@Keyia120 (710)
You are right it should not be used at all by anyone but unfortunately, we live in a society where it is used to be racist and to others to be friendly.
@alberello75 (18012)
• Genova, Italy
Inherent to the letter "N", nothing to point out. But you, dear Sharon, you know what word has immense power. One that seems easy to say, but sometimes for all of us, is almost impossible. Well, the word in question is "NO". Remember, if I say NO, I decide. Instead, if I say YES, for me, someone else decides!