One Year on From joining Mylot

By Gill
@Gillygirl (15813)
Sutton, England
I hadn't heard of mylot until I received an email from @Garymarsh6. He had been on the now defunct infamous B site at the same time I was. On the 21st January 2016 I took the plunge and joined. I found other members I already knew who had also migrated from the other site. Due to enforced time away from mylot, (I have already written about my absence on several occasions), I spent a lot of time feeling like a newbie. Not so anymore and I finally feel like a fully fledged member. I have met many more people who have been so welcoming. It is a great community to be part off and I enjoy the wealth of posts written by other users. Thank you Gary for introducing me to the site. Have a brilliant weekend everybody.
I've been here a little over a year and remember when you joined. It is a friendly site with lots of great people.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Yes the people make it and off course you were one of the people I already knew.
@vandana7 (57714)
It is more than a friendly site..folks here care..are supportive...will try to suggest solutions..
@vandana7 That's true and because everyone is sort of 'removed' from my day to day acquaintances I for one feel safe here to tease out problems or ideas that I couldn't in my offline life.
Thanks to dear @Jabo, I, too, came here in September of 2015, but really didn't become active until last January. I like to think of Gary as a good friend, too. It's amazing how you find out who your true friends are when one site is shutting down. Lol!
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Yes it was @Jabo who I first bumped into when I joined. I was so pleased to see her on here.
@Gillygirl She is a lovely and kind woman, and a bright one, too.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN Yes she is indeed and also very witty.
I've been here about 15 months now, and the transition from Bubblews was made a lot easier because of all the people I already knew. It's a great site.
@pgntwo (20725)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It is a great site, yes.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
It made the transition easier for me too. I arrived much later than you guys. Better late than never!
@vandana7 (57714)
Familiar faces do make a lot of difference...otherwise its like crashing in at a wedding where nobody knows you...but its been pleasure knowing you and your limericks...
@Asylum (48103)
• Manchester, England
I originally joined Mylot over 10 years ago, but after the earnings system was cancelled the site became quiet and changed drastically. Eventually I ceased using Mylot and joined Bubblews, as did many others. I returned after Bubblews collapsed and much of the membership migrated here.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
I know a few who migrated here. It took me a while to join mylot after Bubbws I was sceptical about further sites.
@Asylum (48103)
• Manchester, England
@Gillygirl Obviously in my case this was not an issue because I already knew Mylot.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
@Asylum I have since discovered that many who were on Bubbws were also on Mylot.
Excuse me, but whut th' flippin' hail do you think Yer doin' here? I need to see sum ID please.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Ma ID is too highly classified to reveal in public.
@vandana7 (57714)
@Gillygirl .. Not not seven?
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
@vandana7 Nope - top secret!
One year of being a member does make you a full pledge member and no longer a newbie especially if you were actively participating. Most of the old members here I know with the exception of a few like JJ, would just normally comment and interact a lot on other people's discussion and would just write about 2-4 discussions in a month, sometimes less or sometimes none. And yet these members reach payout every single month. The members who came from bubblews and saw mylot only when bubblews disappeared are the ones who really write a lot, i noticed. But not all I think are like that. For some reason I could easily tell when a member came from bubblews.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
I comment a lot on other people's discussions. The members of Bubbws that I know do not constantly post. I find some newbies submit posts every 15 minutes or so. I wasn't looking for mylot I was told about it.
@pgntwo (20725)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
They have that hungry "I got swindled out of 48 bucks" look, I guess...
@Gillygirl most of the Bubblews members who came here was told by another Bubblews member. Or an old myLot member who was in Bubblews too.
@rina110383 (24253)
Been a year for you and counting.
@rina110383 (24253)
@HAPPSINGH I was busy working on Upwork the whole day.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
I'm looking forward to another year.
@ilocosboy (34218)
more discusssions to come from you buddy
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Many more and I enjoy reading other discussions.
@ilocosboy (34218)
@Gillygirl we all love reading discussion here, let's keep it that way
@nomus24g (17379)
Congrats!!! So are you enjoying it here??
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Yes I am are you?
@garymarsh6 (12363)
I am glad you took to Mylot. I was given the thumbs up from @LadyDuck (Anna) It was nice to get in touch with familiar friends I had made on the B site. I am glad you have stuck it. It was quite exciting to see names I already knew when I first came over. I think with mylot there is no pressure to write. There are certainly less spammers on here. The filtering must be far superior. It is a great community site. Congratulations for your first year and hopefully this will continue for many more years to come!
@garymarsh6 (12363)
@Gillygirl Lol yes the spell thing is quite something I have been stopped for using certain innocuous words myself which we would not deem to be rude of offensive at all but using other words just does not cut the biscuit.
@garymarsh6 Thank you for mentioning Gary. I have contacted several ex-Bubblers, it was a great occasion to be together again on another site.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck Forgive me Anna but I vaguely remember you from Bubbws. Back then I tended to stick to the people I knew. I find Mylot much easier going and am always meeting new people.
@kevin1877uk (36298)
YAY glad that you are here, doesn't seem a year.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Time flies by fast. It doesn't seem like a year to me either.
@kevin1877uk (36298)
@Gillygirl Last year went by quick and so far this year going fast too.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
@kevin1877uk Yes nearly the end of January. It will be Christmas soon.
@else34 (13639)
• New Delhi, India
Welcome to mylot.I am glad you found this site interesting.I agree with you that it is a great community.Enjoy being here.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
After a year of enjoying being here I am still enjoying myself.
@else34 (13639)
• New Delhi, India
@Gillygirl That's fine.Wish you a very productive mylotting.
@sans224 (1837)
I am new here nice to meet you all seniors.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Welcome to mylot it's a lovely site to be on and the members are friendly.
@sans224 (1837)
@Gillygirl thanks that i feel from the few days itself. feel lucky to be in this wonderful community.
@reskyyandi (3839)
Have a nice day for you
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Same to you!
@averygirl72 (15377)
I've been on and off this site. Good thing you discover this place
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
I too have been on and off but on here regularly now.
his is a good site to be on. That is great tat you joined.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
I'm so glad I did Judy.
Congrats.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Thank you Mr Invisible.
@Gillygirl You're welcome.
I joined just before the demise of the B site and feel as you do that myLot is a great site and filled with so many wonderful people who also came from the other site or were just waiting for my arrival to make new friends. There is a wealth of information regarding so many issues, culture, cuisine, hobbies, relationships, health, and beauty - you name it. We have it all here, just waiting to explore and make new friends.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
There is certainly a wealth of information to explore. I have learnt a lot from others. I hope to be on the site more consistently than last year.
@Gillygirl Yes there is and I hope you are too.
• Preston, England
congratulations on your first anniversary here -hope many more follow
• Preston, England
@Gillygirl thanks, don't mind if I do. Nicely chillled and a lovely vintage
@vandana7 (57714)
It is definitely a more friendly and fun site than the defunct one. Part of the charm is because people are not focused on earning here. There people were churning out stuff that would earn monies. So it was more of a writing for the sake of writing than for the love of writing and same with interactions. I do miss some of my friends from there though.
@Gillygirl (15813)
• Sutton, England
Yes I agree it isn't just a case of people churning out stuff. Interaction is regarded as far more important here.