Coming back from the airport

@besweet (7230)
Greece
I went to say goodbye to my brother this morning. He is moving permanently to another country because he found a job there. It 's going to be hard to adjust living alone again, since we were staying together at the same house for 3 years now and 7 more years when we were students. I will also miss him very much, I find it harder to say goodbyes as I grow older. It is an emotional day for me. I am also very very happy for his new beginning, I believe he will be successful and create a happy life over there. I hope I will save some money and visit him soon.
I hate goodbyes. Like you I have difficulties coping up with goodbyes. But it will pass and you know it's not that hard because nowadays we have the technology that can keep us closer. We didn't have that privilege long time ago but now you do. So just try to look at the brighter side of things.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
I am thinking positive, thank you very much for the support. It's a big change and it will take some time but it is for the best.
@besweet You may be far from each other but you are close in each other's thoughts.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
@toniganzon He did promise to make skype calls and update me regularly on how things are going for him. I have always supported my brother's choices and I know he does the same. I will be able to visit sometimes, the flight is only a few hours long but the cost is high.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
How far has he travelled?
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
He is still in Europe, the flight is 3 hours long and then 1 hour by train. I am not exactly sure about the train trip duration.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@besweet A 3 hour flight would suggest France or Germany.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
@Asylum You guessed right! It's the latter. I already miss sharing the house with him.
That would be very sad for you to have to say goodbye to your brother after so many years of sharing your lives. Hopefully you'll be able to visit him soon.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
Yes I am already planning to visit him. He will need some time to settle in his new home and adjust to the country and I will try to save some money for the trip during that time. I felt sad when I came back to an empty house. My parents will also leave tomorrow so I will be staying alone now.
@besweet Do you think you might get someone to share the house with you later?
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
@JudyEv No, I don't think I would share at this moment. I am thinking about moving to a smaller house soon, to reduce the costs.
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
good luck for him
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
Thank you!
@suhail1 (940)
• Manila, Philippines
@besweet your welcome
@mysdianait (64064)
As you have been together for so long, I can understand that it is hard for you but knowing that he has a job and for that reason he has gone away should make you proud of him. He will have holidays and will back eventually to visit I presume. In the meantime you can be in touch on your phone (for free with WhatsApp) and on Skype and it will feel like here i nearer. Good luck to your brother with his new job and new life in a faraway place
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
Thank you so much @mysdianait. It feels better to read all those positive thoughts. I know that he is doing this huge step to build a new life with more potentials, but it's good to hear it from others too. I am planning to visit him often and I just installed WhatsApp so that we can make video calls. He is sending me quick updates, he had a safe trip and he is happy to be there.