Shouldn't We Want to IGNORE P.T.S.D. & other Mental Health Problems?

@mythociate (15740)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
"You don't want 'the problems,' right? So wouldn't 'remembering them' just exacerbate them?" That would be my response to the 'chain-post': "PTSD Who's got my six? Everyone says: "If you need anything, don't hesitate, I'll be there for you". I'm going to make a bet, without being pessimistic, that out of my several hundred friends, that less than 25 will take the time to put this on their wall. You just have to copy it from my wall and paste it to yours (hold down on my post and you will be given the option to copy... then go to your status and hold down to paste). Please write "done" under my comments when you do! I've done this for a friend for Mental Health Awareness and PTSD survivor. Done!" I current 'suffer' a mental-health problem, the word "survivor" seems like a dishonest word to me. Sure, it echoes the hoped-for 'living-on-into-the-future' feeling we want; but the word IMPLIES that the problem is "gone"---that we can & SHOULD forget about the problem. But I NEED my mental-health-problem---oh, it's 'a bad thing'; if I didn't have it, I'd take on the responsibility for my living ... but I do have it, so I need to NOT take on the responsibility---so I need to suffer my problem in order to prove I still have it!
At   my   TBI   Support - Group , one   of   my fellow ā€˜ TBI sā€™ ( I   know   I ā€™ m   talk ing   like   one   of   the   medica - Nazi s in ...
@Daljinder (22073)
From my understanding, PTSD never truly goes away. It stays in some form or another. Like some effects or triggers stay behind
@mythociate (15740)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Ah the way it's easier to 'walk on eggshells' (phrase for 'being careful what you say') when you can see 'where the eggshells ARE' ('knowing what not to say')
@Daljinder (22073)
@mythociate And finding those eggshells is not easy either coz the person with PTSD wouldn't disclose something so personal it just like that. A very trusting relationship or bond is needed for them to reach that stage that they feel ready disclose it. And people had this belief that those people are "dangerous" so they stay away. Not giving them a chance
@reskyyandi (3689)
No, I dont think so
@mythociate (15740)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Oh? And how does 'paying more attention to the problem' solve it?
@yukimori (9072)
It's not so much forgetting about the problem as it is learning coping skills to help live a more normal life despite the mental illness. Ignoring mental illness isn't a solution. It just compounds the problem in many cases. Medication and various forms of therapy are literally life-saving for many people who suffer from their mental illnesses.
@mythociate (15740)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I guess I'm suggesting that maybe we should focus more on 'what humanity's goals are' than on 'what's keeping some humans from reaching them.' I think--whatever humanity's goal is--we're not satisfied until we reach it together! And we can't reach it 'together' if we don't all agree what it is! And that's what I think it is! "Agreement that we're all going to the right place 'Together.'"