Today's Letter is Brought to You by the Letter G

Green Bay, Wisconsin
And by the letter B G is for Garbage and Groceries. B is for Brain I left maybe an hour ago to take care of the garbage and groceries. However, when I walked out of the apartment, I left my brain behind. It never even crossed my mind that I had forgotten the most important thing for any shopping trip. I got to Wal-Mart and worked my way through the store getting what I needed, checking labels, putting items back on shelves, and continuing in my efforts to satisfy my food needs and make my system happy at the same time. When I finally got to the counter and loaded everything on the checkout counter, I looked for it. It wasn't in the cart and it wasn't at my feet. I had left it home. The clerk said she would ring it all up and suspend the order while I rushed home to get my - PURSE. I didn't even have the debit card in my pocket like I sometimes do. So I left the store and hurried home and back again. I got everything paid for and came home in a more sedate manner than I had just left the store and returned. I also have my groceries put away. Now all I need to do is eat. Have you ever gone somewhere and found you forgot the most important item for your trip? Thanks for reading.
I have done that before, nice of her to suspend and sit on it for you!
Yes it was. It was embarrassing to realize I had left my purse home. Thank God I don't live too far from the store, about ten minutes, so it was taken care of quickly.
@just4him I would be outta luck, walmart is a good 30 min drive away!
@Jessicalynnt That would have been bad.
I never did, but my husband is a specialist, he goes to collect the mail at the PO Box and he forgets the key, he goes out to buy something and he forgets the wallet... it's not the age, he has always been this way.
I would say he is a specialist. He needs a reminder list of the things he needs to do and what he needs to accomplish it - key and wallet.
@just4him I make lists, he forgets to read the list.
Ugh! One time my daughter and I got up to the check out at Walmart and I didn't have my debit card. My daughter always uses it and she is the one that goes to the store and restaurants here close. She had left it in a jacket pocket. So we had to leave the stuff there and travel back home and get it. I am sure glad we weren't taking a taxi like we would have to now sense I don't drive anymore.
I've left my debit in my jacket pocket, especially after I get gas for the car. I wish I had in that instance, I wouldn't have needed to rush home for it.
@just4him .....Aggravating I'm sure.
@celticeagle It was.
@alberello75 (13179)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, sometimes it happened to me. But, the experience teaches, so I always have to remind me where I was wrong! Cambia la foto per favore, in quella che tu hai adesso, scusami ma mi sembri un rospo! Non ti incazzare per me, io sono malato, e anche gravemente!
Experience is a great teacher.
@alberello75 (13179)
• Genova, Italy
@just4him It said in Italian,"l'esperienza insegna"
@ridingbet (38020)
sometimes, but i don't forget my wallet or purse when i go to the city. if i forget it, i would always return home, but i don't reach my destination without my wallet of course.
That's good. That wasn't the first time I forgot it.
@garymarsh6 (12184)
You are not alone. I have done that too and doesn't it make you feel stupid especially when there are others waiting in the queue behind you. Especially when the cashier announcing in the loudest manner to her supervisor on the end of the tannoy " Another one forgotten his wallet". Don't you just want the floor to swallow you up! Not to mention the hassle of having to go home and come back again!
Yes I do want the floor to swallow me up. I was thankful she was gracious about it, and it didn't hold up the line. She rang everything up while I left to get my purse, and then took care of her other customers. When I returned all she had to do was unsuspend the order and I paid for it. It took less than 30 seconds, which was good.
Sometimes I would forget my wallet once I'm a few kilometers away from home.
It's annoying when you realize you don't have it with you.
Imagine taking a cab, then realizing your money purse was left behind? It happened to me -- meant I had to pay the cab driver almost double.
Ouch! That's bad.
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
I've left my purse at home in the past. Still at least you can relax now,
Yes I can. I've also eaten so I'm feeling better about that too.
Oh dang that's awful and, yes I have forgot my wallet before, but I noticed before I took the groceries to the counter.
I was brainless in that area right up to looking for it when it came time to get the card out. I've also forgotten my wallet in a shopping cart at the store and the store called me.
Atleast they were happy enough to suspend the order for you. Some places can't do that at all, but rather have to lock the station down and wait for your return.
I've seen that happen too.
No, I've never forgotten my purse or wallet which is always in my purse. That must have sucked.
It did.