Favorite Elvis Presley songs # 1- Jail House Rock.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 1 on my favorite Elvis Presley songs series is Jail House Rock, it's my all time favorite song along with # 2 on the series. I love them both. Jail House Rock is also one of my favorite Elvis movies, they both were released together in 1957 and, huge hits for the king, if I remember reading right. I think # 1 in both the USA and, the UK. For me this song is just about a bunch of Jail birds jamming out and, having a great time. I know it always makes me dance and, sing. Check the lyrics below. The Warden threw a party in the county Jail. The prison band was there and, they began to wail. The band was jumpin' and, the joint began to swing. You should have heard them knocked out jail birds sing. Let's rock everybody lets rock. Everybody in the whole cell block. was dancing to the jail house rock. Some information verified at Wikipedia.
@crossbones27 (14328)
• Redlands, California
Oh dammit, now you got me singing along. Jerk in the nicest way possible and respectful. You know how boys do.
Yeah lol the song is stuck in my head now, but not a bad one to have stuck there.
• Redlands, California
@TRBRocks420 Indeed, makes me want to go to jail said no one ever. lol
LOL, loved his jerk
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I've always thought it was a fun song and I could imagine Elvis and the others having a blast making the movie. My favorite Elvis song, though, is Can't Help Falling In Love With You, from Blue Hawaii.
ALL OWNERSHIP BELONGS TO ELVIS PRESLEY ENTERPRISES RCA RECORDS 1973
Good song I like that one too, another one I like that wasn't quite on the series was Suspicious minds, later done by Dwight Yoakam.
Good one from my days, well I was 8 years old.
Now I am singing this, CAUSE I love it he said one was the cutest he ever did see, Was that gay... lol okay gay in those days meant happy. Not that there is anything wrong with gay.
I love it too great song and, there must have been a girl there I would say lol and, yes nothing wrong with it. I have a brother who is gay best guy I know.
@FourWalls (8955)
That iconic opening has been used in countless songs since Elvis sprung it on the world. Good song.
Glad to hear you are a fan of it too and, yes it's my favorite along with Heartbreak Hotel.
I'm an Elvis' fan, but that song is a classic.
Yes, one of the most classic songs in history.
@silvermist (15425)
Jail House Rock is my favorite too.
Always good to see another Jail House Rock fan.
I think the video was great as well as the song. Wasn't it a movie as well?
Yes, it was also a pretty cool movie starring Elvis.
I liked it when The Blues Brothers did this in jail at the end of The Blues Brothers movie. Funny. Great song. That was a fun series.
Me too Blues Brothers was a great movie one of my favorites and, glad you had fun with the series, it seemed to be pretty successful.