Going Back to Work

@UncleJoe (9965)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Due to circumstances beyond my control I haven’t had much time for MyLot lately. We have been juggling vehicles in order to keep our transportation safe and legal. It all started when I began looking for a newer and lower mileage vehicle that I need for a couple of part time jobs. One job was with an Uber-like organization called “Lyft”. They require their drivers to have a 4-door vehicle that 2004 or newer. The other job is with a multi-million dollar company called “Postmates”. I will be picking up and delivering various personal orders that can be anything from liquor, to notebooks. They gave me a credit card to pay for purchases that I will deliver to clients. I get a percentage of the delivery fee plus tips. I found the perfect car on Craig’s list and showed it to my Beloved. That was when plans changed. When Becky saw the car, my Lyft job flew right out the window. She get’s the new car and gave me her ’98 2-door Explorer. That means I can only do the Postmates. They don’t care what kind of vehicle I drive as long as it’s dependable. The only regrets so far is that working sure cuts into my MyLotting time. I’m afraid you won’t be seeing much of me for a while. I can read, and even like posts on my smart phone but I don’t try to post or comment with it. It’s a lot harder than enjoying it on my desktop.
Please don't be reading and liking poss while driving at your new job LOL!
@UncleJoe (9965)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I never touch my phone while driving. Anybody calling can leave a message if it's important enough. I'll call back when I stop.
@Platespinner (16520)
I'll be curious to read about your experience with Postmates. I've got a year or so to either find a part-time job or find a way to make enough money from home to justify continuing my life of ease.
@UncleJoe (9965)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I e-mailed a link to you. They can tell you more than I.
I can't post from mine either. I tried a few times. I hope you get the car you really want.
@UncleJoe (9965)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Me to @sharon6345 Becky says if I do a good job she will give me a Hummer.
@UncleJoe Wow you better get on it then. Lucky you.
I got to where I can respond on my smart phone, but not write new things
• Midland, Michigan
We'll be looking for a new work vehicle in another month or so as mine is dying. Postmates sounds like an interesting job, too bad the other didn't work out for you. I work one full-time job and another from April to Dec that's quite a few hours too and still get her more than I should sometimes. All the best in your new endeavors.
Hope the job is going well for you. That is the main concern. We'll enjoy your company when you're able to visit. :)
I hope you will still be here now and then. =(
Don't work too hard!! Hope you'll continue to stop inin & visit. I know what you mean about mylotting on the desktop...that's my place to enjoy mylotting too
Congratulations to you, but you can't work 24/7. Please stop by when you want to relax.