Peiti has no bones to chew or bury

As most dog lovers know at some point dogs love to bury bones.They will splend hours chewing them. But sadly here where I live cow slaughter is banned and so Preiti does not get any bones. Our previous dogs enjoyed that activity. I feel sad for Preiti. She still makes pits in the flower pots - may be imagining that activity. I wonder if I should get her a toy bone. Do you give bones to your pet dogs?
@atoz1to10 (6898)
What about pig's bones? Especially the legs. Now and then I will buy pig's bones for cooking soup then I give my dogs the bones... or even chicken bones...
Chicken bones are not safe as there could be splinters. Your idea of pig bones seems a good one. Let me see if I can get them.
@atoz1to10 (6898)
@allknowing Have fun...
@ilocosboy (33255)
Yap, it's part of their playing
She has loads of tennis balls she plays with but I would very much want her to have bones too
My dog doesn't play with toys and since she is a senior, I do not give her bones because of her teeth.
@atoz1to10 (6898)
So what does she have?
@atoz1to10 she has her food, ,when I adopted her from the shelter she never ever liked toys. She always liked Dingo bones, but as she got older i can't let her have them, because of her teeth now. So she doesn't have nothing but a warm, bed, blankets.
@atoz1to10 (6898)
@CookieMonster46 and she also has you and your love too of course.
• Pamplona, Spain
No never. I did before when I knew that it was safe but not with this Dog. It upsets him for some reason and he is perfectly healthy but bones are a no no. He chews on other things if he needs to.
What does he chew on. They need something to chew, any way
• Pamplona, Spain
@allknowing Not much he has stopped chewing a lot of things like my shoes for example. I really need some new shoes as he ate the last ones. I am always looking for some chews that won´t upset him but so far no way he gets sick after he chews on them.
@lovinangelsinstead21 You seem to be cool about your dog having chewed your shoes. I know they do that as pups but that is normally discouraged. (lol)
So are you not allowed to eat beef? We always gave our dog bones, but not those from sheep - they are too brittle.
Beef is totally banned here.
@allknowing So are cows still regarded as sacred?
@jaboUK Cows are but not bulls. Have you not heard of what is going on in India where they have been fighting to let them have the bull sport which is cruel really? And they seem to have had their way. I have watched a few video clips. My heart goes out for those bulls.
Sometimes I got certain bones from the butcher. But mostly he had a toy bone that was supposed to be good for his teeth. And he buried it and we never found it
This chewing on toy bones, do they rip that apart.or eat pieces of it. That is what I am worried about. Poor pet of yours. Now he cannot find it. Please help him find it
@allknowing I am talking about years ago. We don't have a dog anymore. But we had to buy him a new one and try to not let him bury it. No, that type of bone they can't actually break. They look plastic but are much stronger. He was a big dog and never chewed off a chunk. The raw hide ones he would chew up and eat and apparently that is not good for them, so I had to stop giving him those.
@paigea Preiti will be ten but still acts like a kid. I will search for a bone that she cannot break.
Do they sell pigs' ears there? I know many dogs love gnawing on them.
@Jelly Belly says that their pet had issues with that. So I am wondering if I should go for it.
@allknowing You wouldn't want to make her ill with them. Maybe a toy bone then.
@JudyEv I am thinking of a toy bone or just tennis balls and she has plenty of them (lol)
The only Bones I ever gave my dog were beef bones from the butcher. Other bones can splinter and cause stomach bleeding and choking. Better off with a tennis ball or toy.
I know about chicken bones being dangerous and I am not quite sure if I will go for any other either. Yes Preiti has to be happy with tennis balls of which she has plenty
Apparently where I am, people are taught that bones from the table are not good to give to dogs . . . that the bones could chip and break - and the dogs could choke on them. But growing up I remember giving our dogs our bones from dinner - they never had a problem with them, and enjoyed the heck out of 'em. Instead of burying them, my dogs just hid them somewhere in the yard. There are those animal hide things and such that can be bought from the pet stores though.
Preiti gets her special food but never what we eat. The only thing I give her from my plate is a starter so to say which is normally a piece of fish or meat which is thoroughly washed and then given. She waits for that patiently before she starts eating her food. We used to give beef bones for our earlier dogs which again were cooked but they are not available now.
That is sad you can buy bones though.
I can only think of pig bones.