Is it REALLY my last chance? Does that mean you will stop sending me emails now?

By JJ
So there I was, paying about $43 a month for insurance. Had been since 2009 or so, I thought I was getting a good deal (liability). Then I had a small incident in July...debatable whose fault it actually was, no major damage to any vehicle, but I got the ticket. So there went $125.00 to pay it. I didn't think much more of it. Then in October, when my insurance came up for 6-month renewal, I saw they raised it to $65.00 per month. Nope. I just can't afford it. Another $264 a year when I make less than 9k total is unacceptable. So I went insurance shopping...and found better coverage with a better company at less than half the previous monthly payment. So I went with it, and let my old policy lapse. "That's it" I thought, "done with them". Nope. I've been getting emails for the last 3 months from them telling me my payment is overdue. You would think after raising my rates, and then me not renewing the policy, they'd get the message. So today, I got my 'last chance' from them. I sure hope it is.
@mysdianait (64059)
You didn't inform them that you no longer would be their client?
They don't have an area on their website to 'cancel'. A payment to renew the policy was due by November and I had paid on time every time for 7 years...I think they should understand what not renewing the policy means.
@mysdianait (64059)
@JolietJake Yes it would seem pretty obvious. Although here, unless specifically stated, apolicy would continue to run and the outdated payments would require payment with the interest too up to the date in which a formal cancellation was received.
@mysdianait My policy was for set 6-month periods with monthly payments. Payment on a new policy signified agreement to acceptance. I wish I could send them one of the $21 per month statements from the new company. Maybe then they'd get the point.
@vandana7 (63838)
They have an employee who is not lazy like me.
They have an employee wasting their time.
@vandana7 (63838)
@JolietJake ... Whatever...as long as the employee gets paid..lol
That's amazing that they let things go "that far" but haven't attempted to contact you any other way.
I need to just blacklist their email address
Persistent aren't they?
overdue on something you didn't actually renew is amusing!
@sabtraversa (13019)
You don't appreciate their efforts, eh? They're worried about you, they still can't believe you betrayed them. I imagine the employer being drunk and sending you emails about the "good times".
sounds like one of the companies my bro had. one of them reported "lapsed insurance" to the cops as well..when he was 10 minutes late coming in to make the payment.
@fishtiger58 (30344)
• Momence, Illinois
I'm not sure this is right, but when I tried to do the same thing with my house insurance I was told that I would have to verbally cancel the policy or I would keep getting charged and eventually sent to a collection agency. So maybe just for fun or not you should call and cancel.
I'm surprised they are bothering to continue to contact you
@shaynas (5529)
I think you would be getting few more last chances from them