Electricity Capacity

@yanzalong (10172)
Indonesia
I am living in a rented house near where I work. The electricity capacity is only 450 KVa. My question is how many watts of electricity consumption can be used maximally? Does anyone know about it? Thank
@topffer (36404)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
What you need to calculate that is : How many amperes ? What voltage ?
@yanzalong (10172)
Still don't understand what you mean. Can you elaborate it by giving examples?
@topffer (36404)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
@yanzalong Look at your electric meter. You should see a number followed by 'A'. Tell me what is this number.
• Pamplona, Spain
We had a Contract at the start for 500 Watts. You can extend the Contract if needs be. I can only have a couple of things on at a time otherwise the light goes off all I can tell you really.
• Pamplona, Spain
Another thing is if you have an Electric Bill already paid it should be detailed and tell you what you are more or less consuming a day. If you can read the Meter wherever it is that should help too. I did that but we were using more vatios in the Night than during the whole of the day so I just gave up and use as little light as possible. How on earth can I use more vatios at night being asleep than during the day it is quite confusing.
@yanzalong (10172)
@lovinangelsinstead21 Electricity contract comes in several capacities: 450 kva, 900 kva, 1300 kva and 2200 kva. I really don't understand what they mean. If my consumption is more than 450 watts, then 450 kva is not strong enough.
• Pamplona, Spain
@yanzalong The higher you consume the more you pay it seems and I try my best to keep that down but it seems they have a way of charging you whichever, whatever.