No Kidding!

@FourWalls (15252)
Like most people in the US, I'm in a rut. When I get to work I make my hot tea, eat my canned fruit (pears this morning) and microwaved egg convenience meal, check my e-mail and the fax machine, then plug my earphones in to the computer. I use earphones not because it's a noisy office or I have a tendency to blast my music, but because I listen to things that are considered no-nos in conversation at work (religious lectures). Best to keep that to myself. So, every morning when I plug the ear buds in, this wonderful Microsoft product gives me a notice: INFORMATION: You just plugged a device into the audio jack. No kidding!!!! You mean my ear buds did not jump out of my purse and crawl to the computer then plug themselves in???? Are you sure about that, Windows???? As it's Warren Zevon's birthday (he would've been 70 today), here's his computer song (yeah, this song is about computers ):
Warren Zevon sings about networking a couple of decades before it became really popular!
I had a bad wire on my system...I run the computer sound through my stereo...and the danged thing kept telling me 'You just unplugged a device from the audio jack" and a second later going "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" and on and on...it was driving me insane, I finally dug a new cable out and fixed it
And how does Windows actually know it was You plugging in?
@FourWalls (15252)
So true. I could've had a co-worker plug it in! So there, Microsoft!
@fourwalls I have a hard time believing those ear buds didn' t plug themselves in everybody knows they do that themselves! Even your computer! Lol!
are you hearing voices again there?
Happy Belated Birthday, Warren!
Lucky you have your computer to tell you that!
@FayeHazel (19951)
Lol! I don't blame you with the ear phones thing, and I say good for you
Yes it is a little bit annoying when it has to tell you what you did. It's like "are you sure?"