Where Do I Begin? I Ask...

@bluesa (4611)
Johannesburg, South Africa
So, let me start with from when I last posted anything here. Which was last year. I thought having a cold, and the strange beginning to 2016, with funerals and such, was no fair, freaking unfair and nerve wrecking? And well, it was, but, you know how they say that it is good we can't see the future, or something like that? Well, I'm still not sure of that, but I would've kept my mouth shut, I would have thought twice about moaning about my cold, if I had known what was going to happen. Since I last posted, I almost lost my Mom, she went from having pneumonia to landing up with pipes down her throat, and had to have an incision made in her throat for a pipe to be inserted in her trachea. For over the span of four months, she was in and out of hospital. It was a nightmare a living nightmare. Now in a New Year, I always wonder what is so new about it though, but, she is seeing a specialist tomorrow, her lungs are too weak, they are just not healing and something has now caused her skin to break out. I am a nervous wreck. I can't tell her I am a nervous wreck, I do not want to stress her out or upset her any more than she is, so here I am telling, here I am able to admit I am a wreck right now. My nerves are shot, my tummy is in knots. I so hope the specialist will be able to help her, give her medicine that will finally help to start healing her. How have you all been? I did pop in through the day, to sort of see what was going on and I am going to peruse more as soon as I get a chance. Have a good Wednesday ahead, all.
I am so sorry that your mom is not well and that you are going through all this. I wish her all the best. I hope the specialist is able to help her get better. It is so difficult when they are not doing well.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Happy2BeMe , thank you, I sometimes sit and think that I can't believe my Mom is struggling so badly to heal. I just want them to find a solution for her now. Hugs back. :)
@bluesa that is understandable. Moms are special to us.
I am so sorry you are going through this with your mom. Take care. Hoping for the best.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@paigea , thank you so much. I just want them to finally find a way to give her relief, it is months and they seem to be going in circles.
Oh Catherine, I thought it was something to do with your mom that was keeping you away. I've thought of you often, hoping that things weren't too bad. I'm so sorry that your mom is in such a bad way, and consequently that you are too. I hope the specialist can suggest some treatment that will help. My love to you.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, Janet. It's so hard to see that they have not found a way to really help her after all this time, @jaboUK . We can only hope tomorrow a real solution will be found. My love back to you.
@Morleyhunt (13766)
How old is your mom? Do they have any idea what is causing her health issues? Healing prayers headed your way.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Morleyhunt , she is 72 years old. And it is now COPD, and the medication they gave her should have helped ease her symptoms, but it has not, and now her skin has broken out in sores. Thank you for the prayers.
@1hopefulman (13932)
Oh my! You are undergoing a lot. I hope that things work out. Catherine, you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers!
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@1hopefulman, it has been unbelievably scary and worrying. Thank you so much.
You know I've known all about this from the beginning, my friend. I will send more prayers for your mother, you, and your sister. I have faith that this specialist will be able to help your mother and adjust her meds. Please let me know how everything goes.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, dear Dianne, yes you certainly have, and thank you for your prayers and comforting words @DianneN , the specialist has booked my Mom back into hospital today. I will let you know how all is going. Thank you for all the care. Much love.xoxo
@bluesa Much love and hugs to you. You know I wish the best for your mom. Talk soon. XOX
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , thank you, talk soon.xoxo
You really have been through such a tough time. I can imagine the anxiety that has been around for so long. My sister and I had tons of medical issues with our mom and now with Dad, age 95. Like you, we are exhausted and always waiting for the next emergency. I do hope the doctor can give your mother medication that heals. Sending prayers for you and for your dear mother.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 , yes, anxiety and exhaustion sums it up well, as I can see that you know. My sister and I can't believe all that has happened to our Mom. Sorry your Mom had so many medical issues. Is all well with your Dad at the moment? I hope it is. Thank you for the prayers.
@bluesa Well, at age 95, Dad is pretty good. But handling all his finances and healthcare decisions involves a lot of back and forth, a lot of paperwork, and if he needs to see any doctor that does not come to nursing homes, then I have to take him. Next week, ophthalmologist for a problem with his eye. Oh well, carry on we must.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 , yes, it is hard to believe all that can happen. All the best with the ophthalmologist. We certainly must.
@garymarsh6 (10692)
So sorry to hear your mum is so poorly right now. Sometimes you have to put a brave face on things just to remain positive for her. She is probably feeling horrible right now. I do hope that she feels better soon and they get to the bottom of her illness. Take good care of yourself! XX
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you so much @garymarsh6 . That's why it is good to be able to worry here sometimes and keep a brave face for her. Take care too.xx
@garymarsh6 (10692)
@bluesa Absolutely it is a form of escapism that your mum isn't going to know about. It can be rather cathartic.
@ridingbet (23329)
i hope your mother will be treated the soonest, my friend. and i also hope you will be able to handle these stressful situations
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , thank you so much. She is undergoing many tests at the moment, hopefully they will be able to give her the right treatment soon. We will keep fighting for answers and a solution.
@ridingbet (23329)
@bluesa it takes special care and management to handle a sick person with tracheotomy tube. the cleaning and sucking out the secretions from the trachea is difficult when one has little knowledge of the anatomy of the upper respiratory tract. hope you know about these now. good luck.
@salonga (27161)
Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. I could only but pray for her recovery and for you to have the strength to carry through. Everything is okay with me by God's grace.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @salonga , it has been so tiring and scary. I am happy all is okay with you, keep taking care.
@salonga (27161)
@bluesa You too, take care and be strong.
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for your mother, I hope she can recover and the doctors can find the right cure for her. I have not been very well the last couple of weeks, it's the winter flu, very bad this year.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck , thank you. It has been such a scary time for her. I am sorry you have gotten such terrible flu, it can be dangerous, please take care.
@bluesa I am taking medicines now, I do not l like too much chemical products, but this year the flu did not want to go.
I wish I had seen this post while it was happening so I could have been there for you when you were in this awful time. I know from reading more recent posts though that she is doing better.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin , thank you. Some days are better than others, but at least she is no longer in hospital. She has COPD now and there is no cure for that, so we can only take it a day at a time. :)
I'm sorry you have been going through so much with your mom. Glad to hear she is pulled through the pneumonia.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi there @jillybean1222 . Thank you. It's a daily battle, but we might get her right yet.
• Greece
I'm sorry that so much of the last year was spent worrying about and caring for your mother. Hopefully the new specialist will be able to treat her effectively. Even if you haven't much time to spare a few minutes here does take your mind off things, I know. I escape here often.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@41CombedaleRoad , thank you, it has been one shock after another, the specialist has booked my Mom back into the hospital today. It is good you have here to escape to. It is something else to focus on.
@sol_cee (10396)
• Japan
Nice to see you again! And I hope mom will feel better.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi @sol_cee , thank you, it is good to see you too. My Mom has been booked into the hospital again today, we can only hope and pray for the best now. Thank you, again.
@PainsOnSlate (17042)
I'm really sorry you are dealing with sickness and a unwell mom. I know how that is and how much we worry about our parents as they age. I hope she get some help and I hope you get some rest. Take care of yourself.
@bluesa (4611)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, @PainsOnSlate , yes, it is such an uncertain time, and one thing seems to build on another. She is going for test after test at the moment. Thank you. Take care of yourself too.