It is a shame the brain can feel no pain...

...because if it did, maybe stupidity would hurt the person being stupid and they'd learn from it. But nope...the brain has no pain receptors. The brain can receive the signal of pain and acknowledge it from other parts of the body, and the covering of your brain can feel pain, but not the brain itself. Therefore stupid people can keep thinking and saying and doing stupid things, and the only one feeling any pain from it is the rest of us. "Hey 'G', you might wanna tweek this a bit on the next model"
@VivaLaDani13 (20417)
• Perth, Australia
@JolietJake Sometimes my brain hurts while listening to stupid people.
@mysdianait (64058)
Yes, I was about to say the same thing!
@Daljinder (21689)
@mysdianait @VivaLaDani13 You can tune out stupidity by listening to music. I do! oh Oh OH I have a question: Have you ever competed with stupidity by more stupidity? ....and did THAT hurt your brain?
@mysdianait (64058)
@mysdianait (64058)
There will be another model? Don't you think that what there is so far is more than enough and going in the wrong direction with no improvements at all?
@ilocosboy (34367)
Maybe it's a matter of function, heart can feel the pain, but if it's stone heart, stupidity also exist in heart
I'm sure my brain hurts sometimes. :)
It must be my head that hurts when I think its my brain aching.
hmmn, then what is a headache?
Most likely the membrane surrounding your brain
@JolietJake neck issues, or pressure in the brain which is then interpreted as pain, even though the brain cant feel pain, some of the membrane, etc. I found a page! lol
http://www.brainfacts.org/about-neuroscience/ask-an-expert/articles/2014/if-the-brain-cant-feel-pain-why-do-i-get-headaches/
@Jackalyn (6659)
• Oxford, England
I am not so sure, My brain hurts this morning. However, I know what you mean. People can be very insensitive.
They say the membrane surrounding it has pain receptors, but you could actually be awake while they poke around on your brain without feeling it.
@Jackalyn (6659)
• Oxford, England
@JolietJake I once worked at High Royds hospital. Famous for lobotomies and ECT. No way is anyone ever poking in my brain as I have seen the damage!
@sabtraversa (13343)
You made me want to see the "Hannibal Lecter feeds Krendler his last meal" scene again on Youtube. Yum... yum.
@Platespinner (16767)
I dunno, when I do ir say something particularly stupid my face has this annoying habit of turning a particularly lurid shade of red.
You are right, the brain hurts when you hear people saying (or writing) stupid things.
Maybe on the Physical Level but probably people won't notice it one bit.