The potty papers, day 3

Today has been the hardest for potty training. It started off good, as his diaper was dry when he woke up and he successfully went in the potty. Roughly 30 minutes later, it started to go downhill. He dirtied and wet himself. We tried several times to go potty over the course of the morning and nothing. He ended up wetting himself 3 times and dirtying himself once(on top of the first accident). At this point I am debating giving up and trying again next month. He was doing so well on Monday, I just don't know what happened to make things go downhill.
@Shellyann36 (11269)
It takes time and every kid learns at a different rate. Don't give up hope and remember to be patient.
I keep telling myself he will not be in diapers forever. Today has seen some progress
@dragon54u (31638)
I missed the first 2 days so I went back and caught up! I have a granddaughter that turned 3 in December and we though she was ready to be potty trained. The joke was on us, her mom and me! Sometimes she'll go and usually she won't. No matter how pretty her underwear is, she would rather wear the diaper. I've tried bribing her with foil covered chocolate coins if she poops in the potty but I've only been able to give her one. Funny thing is, when she's at her other grandma's house she'll go potty about 3/4 of the time she needs to. Not here at home, though. Her mom made her a potty chart and when she uses the potty she gets to put a sticker on it. She was really excited about but she rarely gets to use it. I even got her Paw Patrol stickers but that didn't help either. Some kids just don't want to be potty trained. We've given up for a little while and will try again in a month or so. Or whenever she wants to do it. My own two boys trained themselves when I bought them colored underwear, they were both potty trained when they were about 2.5 years old. All kids are different so just relax and don't worry about it.
Don't give up.. just keep trying. He will get it.
@Morleyhunt (21445)
Don't wait a month. Start fresh tomorrow morning. Rome wasn't built in a day. I usually said...three accidents and we went back into diaper for the rest of the day...if they kept their diaper dry/clean, sometimes we would go back to underwear after a nap. No one was in diapers past about 25 months.
We are trying again today. It's been a little better but still more laundry to wash. Lol