Did y'all miss me yesterday?

@DWDavis (11540)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Yesterday was a very busy day for me. Left school with just enough time to come home, change, eat, and head out again to a meeting a Church. The meeting at Church went long and I didn't get home until after nine pm. When I did, I was wrung out. Got ready and went straight to bed. Today at work was a doozy. One of my colleagues had to go to the doctor because she wasn't feeling well. The students were giving the sub a hard time, and when the sub asked one girl to stop talking, the girl said, "Maybe we need to take this outside." Now this is a girl who just came back from the alternative school today. It looks like she wants to go straight back. My Principal told us at our staff meeting Monday that if we weren't sure we wanted to be in the classroom, maybe we should consider another occupation. My sick colleague told me before she left today that she may just do that. The way her year's been going, I think she might just do it. I'm off to start going through my notifications.
You are always miss there.Do not worry first thing first.This comes much later
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Yesterday was a full day and into the night hours. Today I can be home and relax some.
Real life and family and job take priority over social media tomfoolery.
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I prefer it when real life includes time to take a breather.
Yes of course you were missed. Teaching must be tough puttin up with some of those attitudes. It definitely isn't for everybody.
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I've never questioned whether or not I should stay in the classroom until this year. Everyday it seems the kids get worse instead of better when it comes to their attitudes.
@DWDavis it really is sad and frustrating. I know I could never be a teacher.
Geez. Hope that girl enjoys the unemployment line as an adult.
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Unemployment won't be her problem. Her biggest worry will be how she looks in an orange jumpsuit.
@DWDavis - That's true.
I wouldn't want to be a teacher in today's world. I admire anyone who teaches today.
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
If the powers that be don't do something to restore discipline in the schools, soon there won't be enough teachers and the government may have to start a draft.
@DWDavis I can't imagine a draft producing good teachers. In the olden days, teachers were once regarded as slightly below doctors. They are afforded no respect now. It's a dreadful situation.
Being a teacher has to be one of the hardest jobs ever I am sure.
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Some days you wonder how you're going to get through it. Then there are days like today when the kids act like they've got some sense, have had some training at home, pay attention in class, and stay on task. If every day were like today, we'd never have to worry about a teacher shortage.