The Lily of the Valley

There, among the Lilies-of-the-Valley that Gram and Grandpa planted, sits the tombstone of a girl who took her life for granted. Suzanne was only seventeen when she crashed that old two-seater, injuring both of her best friends, and sparing Cousin Peter. But, Gram and Grandpa love their girl, and her tiny baby boy, who was born to her that very day has brought them so much joy.
@atoz1to10 (6829)
It's so touching....
Thank you. My middle name is Suzanne. Suzanne means lily. The flower for the month that I was born is the lily-of-the-valley. I have Dutch ancestry. Newlywed Dutch have a wedding tradition of planting lily-of-the-valley at their new home. I called my maternal grandmother, "Gram." But, other than the fact that my best friend and I did take each other for granted many years ago, none of the rest of the poem is true. It just all came to mind like that while I was thinking about my middle name and its meaning.
@atoz1to10 (6829)
@Chellezhere Thanks for explaining it to me... They all sound so alive and true... And thanks for breaking my heart too... Back to reality for me then... But keep up with your poems. I like reading simple poems that easy to understand and be connected.
@atoz1to10 Thank you. I like writing in ways that everyone can understand.