I'm gonna build a Wall. A TALL Wall. A STRONG Wall. A GREAT Wall...around my discussions to keep everyone out unless they are just like me. I just haven't decided what to do about all the bad people..

...that may be just like me. My mind wants to go off in so many directions right now that it is hard to pick a single topic here. I started to go with 'Why do so many come here illegally to start with?' and started looking...and found out that we seem to be pretty damned picky about who we want to 'let in'. And then I started traipsing down the 'illegal immigrants are a drain on Welfare' trail...only to see that illegal immigrants can not directly receive 'welfare'...although many people are going to tell you they can. Just look up the damn law instead of looking up your favorite blog. America does not need a Wall. It does need to pull its panties up and start acting like an adult. And that goes for everyone here, not just one 'side' or the other. Of course, since I appear to be in a major minority (people that actually have any sense) I don't see it happening. The pulling panties up part. The Wall is likely gonna happen.
He is so ridiculous...a waste of time and taxpayers money.
I did wonder if the fact that he is President now will have an effect on the number of illegal immigrants coming in simply because they are worried about him being in charge...
@topffer (34651)
• France
@JolietJake If it is the case you would do some savings by putting only a few Trump scarecrows at the Mexican border.
@JolietJake Yes, I am not coming.
A wall is certainly not on any realistic priority list I would make up for the new president. Stepping up on security would be smart. That wall he wants to build could cost BILLIONS. Happy tax payers? The major minority of people who have any sense is dwindling as I write this.
That figure does break down to less than I thought it would, only $123.00 to each of us...but for some (like me) that is a big chunk of change
@JolietJake .....I think I get a percentage off too so mine would probably run me about $57.52. Still a big chunk of change since I won't be using it. Do we get a gate? A password? Or what?! We should get something.
@celticeagle Someone on facebook said for an extra $100 we get a plaque with our name on the wall
@AJAYSAXENA (1945)
• Hyderabad, India
Not know much but bit agreed with you
@Gillygirl (17340)
• Sutton, England
He's now admitted that tax payers will pay for the wall but still maintains that Mexico will reimburse.
In reality, the 15 billion figure floating out there is only $123.00 to every tax payer...nothing earth-shaking...but I doubt I'd ever get a check from Mexico to reimburse me, and if I did, it probably wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on.
@Gillygirl (17340)
• Sutton, England
@JolietJake I wonder how he is going to fund other pledges.
@Gillygirl If he really needs money, he should take it from things like all the money going towards war...
@topffer (34651)
• France
I suppose that like in Europe a part of these illegal migrants is useful if not essential to the economy, and that they would lack if they were not there. The wall is a solution of another century, but I would like to see Trump building it in the hope that he will bug a bit less the rest of the world as long as he will be occupied by his stupid wall.
I wanna build a Wall around Trump actually...
@JolietJake that the best idea I heard yet!!!
@topffer (34651)
• France
@JolietJake Build another one around Pence, as I do not think that Trump will reach the end of his 4 years without an impeachment.
Where is the money going to come from?
Where ALL money comes from...printing presses...except coins, they are stamped
@hora_fugit (5439)
The questions your entry farms asks are so funny.... direct questions on whether the applicant wants to commit some crime, once being let in. Wonder who answer with a Yes! to that...
But everyone knows terrorists are some of the most honest people in the world
and we are going to pay for it, like I said from the beginning
@inertia4 (27679)
The wall is a waste of tax payers money. And that's who is going to pay for it. Mexico will not. We now have entered into the Twilight Zone where Alternative Facts will become the norm.
I wonder what his complicated formula is to see that Mexico pays for the wall. Your myLot wall just required pressing block several times.
His thoughts and actions on this wall are so ignorant. That's how children talk when they are playing in the sandbox together and they already got warned about throwing sand at each other. If he goes thru with his threats to complete this wall down near Mexico I hope that he completes the one up here, otherwise we'll be to blame for all that is wrong in Trumpland. And that will surely land the bad guys in the Trumpcells for years without parole I'm afraid.
You a BLOCK wall something like that? I hope things will go bad....for them
Looking forward to the visit of the Mexican President in the White House next week. That will be a very awkward situation me thinks.
Ain't gonna happen. Trump threatened to cancel the meeting and the Mexican President did cancel it as of yesterday.
@JolietJake thanks for the update. I guess The Donald will build the wall after all. Good luck finding the money to build it! Oh wait, the taxpayers are here...
@bluesa (13548)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@JolietJake , wow, it certainly is very interesting times. Never a dull moment, that is for sure.
'Never A Dull Moment' is an old favored album of mine...the theme does fit these days