Music, music, music

Music has always been a major part of my life. As I grew up the youngest of seven, there was a lot of different music being played in the house. There was a range from Lawrence Welk to Kiss in the house. I loved growing up being around so many different styles. I learned most importantly to stay away from country music. However, as I have gotten older there are times I don't want to hear the music. The Hooters and George Harrison will always remind me of my late nephew Nick. When I hear "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor it hurts me to tears. With my late mom, it is a variety of artists and songs. Cinderella, Motley Crue, Ray Charles, Elvis, Glass Tiger and so on. Today, I heard a song that made me sad for the loss of two people. My son was watching a Barney video and they were singing the song, "I am a Fine Musician". It made me think of how sad it was that Mary Tyler Moore died. It also made me think of my mom again. I have thought constantly about mom since I heard the news of Mary Tyler Moore dying. Mom and I spent many hours together watching her shows. Music has led me through the whole gamut of feelings many times through my life. It can make me sad, but it has also pulled me out of depression. Honestly, the song "Fire and Rain" is the indirect reason that led me back to God after Nick was killed. I don't know where I would be without having access to music, well, I would be depressed more. I am so thankful to so many artists for the music they have produced, I can't imagine life without it. Take care and God bless
My stereo was loudest! Even Dad ended up listening to Zeppelin.
@suziecat7 (3399)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Music is a healing thing. When I need to lift my spirits, I listen to something zippy and it workd every time.
I relate to you so much! To be honest, music is the most important thing in my life... why? because it makes me happy. Without music life would be nothing. Take care too!