Religion

@dfollin (12780)
I was raised a Christian and still am. I had and have friends of different religions. The constitution of the United States states there is to be no discrimination towards a person's religion. However there has been actions taken towards many people of a religion besides Christian including the former president when he was in office. Earlier I watched an episode of the prime time "Blue Bloods: Loss of Faith" that was filmed in 2013. In this episode various people were cruel to various people for being of the Muslim religion. One man that was Catholic and raised his daughter of that religion also, she converted to Muslim during her college years and he killed her! His own daughter! If you are of not a religion that your country was based on, have you been discriminated against?
@inertia4 (27792)
I was raised catholic. And I have to say that I found it to be all a farce. I stopped following and stayed away from religion as a whole. I just cannot put my life into anything that is only designed to control people. Too many bad things happen with religion. It is supposed to be peaceful and loving, but instead people are killing each other over different religions. That is just not normal.
@dfollin (12780)
I understand what you are saying and I have seen a lot of control in various kinds of churches. It is sad. I hope you find what you are looking for to be happy and peaceful.
@inertia4 (27792)
@dfollin Oh, I am happy and peaceful. Not to worry. I am fine not following any of them. It works for me.
@dfollin (12780)
@inertia4 That's good, whatever works for you and makes you happy.
@Yadah04 (3003)
Oh that is such a sad news. Like what on earth happened to that man who killed her own daughter. But then again, i hope it is not because of him being converted to a muslim. It is sad that our muslim brothers are stereotyped as violent,crued people.
@dfollin (12780)
What I was speaking of about him murdering his daughter was just on a television show, but it does happen in reality. He was arrested.
@Yadah04 (3003)
@dfollin well at least that is a relief that the man was arrested. There are actually a lot of realities all over the globe that of the same nature.
@josie_ (8012)
Religion by it's very nature is discriminatory given it's preconceived beliefs and attitudes. Since it is faith-base with no logical way to prove or disprove, arguments that often escalate to violence will occur since everyone believe their God is the true "GOD". Didn't president Bush said he talk to God before invading Iraq? BTW, I also enjoy the Blue bloods series. I have been a fan of Tom Selleck since his Magnum PI days. :)
@dfollin (12780)
I watched " Magnum PI" back in the day too. Tom Selleck is a very good actor and very handsome.
@franxav (5929)
Minority religions are often discriminated against in India though the constitution declares it to be secular.
@dfollin (12780)
They are starting to be in the USA also.
@Chellezhere (1393)
Here, in these United States of America, we have freedom of religion. That means that we have the freedom to practice or not practice whichever faith we choose. But, some people misinterpret it to be freedom from religion. However, we do not have the right to not see, hear, feel, smell, taste, or touch another person's religion.
@dfollin (12780)
We are not suposed to in the United States, but MANY do!
@Slayqueen (930)
The only thing I like about my country {India} is that ,there is difference in culture, religion, languages etc.. So, there is no discrimination on the basis of religion..