Hard Headed Men

@AunBecky (143)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
It looks like my poor hubby did it again so you might not see him for a couple of days. I told him this would happen but I just as well had been talking to a wall. Before he can sell his old car there is something under the front end that needs fixed. It has something to do with steering I think. Hardhead decided he could save a hundred dollars if he made the repair himself. Hardhead found out that he is not as young or strong as he used to be. He really strained himself this time and still did not get the repair done. Now he is a bundle of aches pains, arm slings and heating pads. I hate it when Joe is in pain but it is sometimes hard to be sympathetic when he does these things to himself. I will never understand why it is that when I tell him he should not do something he has to prove he can. Do you have that problem with your husband or significant other?
@Platespinner (16515)
Oh, I am sorry to hear that. My husband is a bit like that, but in in all honesty, I have to confess a tendency to bite off more than I can chew, myself. Praying it's just minor aches and pains and that he is soon feeling better!
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yeah, but you ain't happy unless you're spinning those plate.
@UncleJoe You're right, I do seem to take a perverse sort of pleasure of having too much going on at once. Things have changed a lot since I first laid claim that that moniker.
My husband thinks he is Hercules or something too. Lol. I hope your husband feels better soon. =(
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You hubby has been doing a fine job too!
@UncleJoe He is working very hard. Are you feeling any better?
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@LovingMyBabies Oh, yeah! Ya can't keep a good man down!
@inertia4 (27605)
I know that kind of person well. I used to be somewhat like that. But I do know that I am not as young as I used to be. And I also know that there are things I can no longer do. Maybe he learned his lesson this time.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
Poor Joe, poor Becky. These things happen. In our family, telling someone they can't do something us a sure fire way to make them try.
I think most men can be a bit stubborn at times. I'm sorry about Joe's woes.
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, good grief! Rub it in, why don'tcha?
not entirely, but there are times I wish I was listened to more. She couldn't find a shirt, I asked if she wanted me to recheck her really full teeshirt drawers, she said no, looked a ton more, then finally found them there. I would love to help her reorganize those and donate some, she doesn't even wear them that often, not enough to need two full drawers stuffed that full.
@PatZAnthony (12573)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Wondering now if it is mainly men who do this or are women equally guilty? There are so many things we should not tackle, yet we do just b/c we think we can or should.