Thanks, But No Thanks

My husband is a car nut. We have had more cars go in and out of our garage than I can count. Retired guys often buy cars they could never afford when starting out and when raising a family. I have to say my husband did buy one of the prettiest cars I have ever seen this time around. Before my husband and our pup Molly drove to Florida in Molly's car, yes the dog has her own car, my husband said to go ahead and drive that Jaguar F-Type vehicle of his. No way. Just one little mark on that Jaguar by me would just cause me added stress and throw me into great despair, so no way am I driving that thing. Also, getting in and out of that low-slung vehicle is something I have not managed to do gracefully. I had to take the photo of the car in the garage since it has not moved from its spot in the garage for over a week. I bet the battery is dead since he removed the charger in case I wanted to drive it. Silly man.
@PatZAnthony (13234)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We have met a few men with more cars than garages. Most of the women we know don't do this. Wonder why
I have no idea. I am happy with an ordinary car, but all the retired guys in our neighborhood have their dream car in their garages.
But women have a lot of shoes. Or bags.
Very nice car enjoy.
I have never driven it. Probably never will. Well, maybe one day.
@Corbin5 I don't blame you would always worry about getting a scratch on it.
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420, so sexy car..elegant looking.
So Molly has a car too. Would love to see her picture driving
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Well, since Molly is only 6 years old, she has no license, so my husband is her chauffeur.
@bunnybon7 (37902)
• Holiday, Florida
@Corbin5 what does hers look like?
I'm still practicing getting in and out of my new roadster with my work bag gracefully. hahaha
I bet you look a lot better getting out of your vehicle than I do getting out of that one in the photo. Sometimes it is a struggle.
@Corbin5 I can get in and out just fine but with my big teacher bag it is hard to be graceful! haha
I would not drive it either. I am with that one for sure.
He keeps saying, "It's your car too." I bet he would regret saying that if I scratched it.
@Corbin5 You know you just made me laugh. Oh you know that is right. No way would he want that scratch.
@DWDavis (15713)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I don't blame you for not wanting to drive the Jag. You'd probably be so nervous it wouldn't be any fun.
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DWDavis , Just a try and no more scare next time.
That's true. It is too low to the ground and it did not come with a backup camera which means me backing into a pole. I have backed into a pole once years ago, so no way am I going to do that again. I am too short for those low-slung cars.
this is interesting looking car there.
It really is a pretty car. Too pretty to be scratched by me driving it. I have gotten a few dings in other cars in my driving career.
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
That is a beautiful car, I would have had to drive that.
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@fishtiger58, I like fast speed driving.
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
@cacay1 me too
Jags are just the best cars. They just look so classy. We had one for a while and would get preferential parking wherever we went.
Several years ago I had the Jaguar sedan. It was the Vander Plass model that was gorgeous. I worried about that car all the time. So afraid someon would steel that Jaguar hood ornament. No longer do they sell Jaguar's with that hood ornament.
@Corbin5 I didn't know that they're stopped selling them with the ornament. What a shame! People really are the pits sometimes.
@DaddyEvil (26193)
• Aurora, Missouri
@JudyEv @Corbin5 My first wife and I bought a Cadillac Seville Gold Edition when we first got married. It had the gold hood ornament. We replaced that thing three times and then bought the obviously plastic hood ornament so people would stop stealing them.
And all this time I thought it was your car. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry.
No, I have the smaller Mercedes SUV which is the right size for a short lady.
@Corbin5 So I was wrong. I love my Mercedes sports car, because it's perfect for my size, but I must admit, I'm enjoying our big car down here. I was afraid I'd never be able to drive it, and refused to drive it last March. When my hubby had his first therapy session, I took it for a spin. Granted, I've only driven it 5 times since I've been here, but I do love it.
@TheSojourner (17291)
Nice. Beautiful. And once you get in, then you can have the photo ops. It would be getting out of the damned thing that I would have trouble with!
For a retired lady, a car that low does make getting out a very unattractive spectacle. I should practice a graceful exit.
@Corbin5 So, why is it that retired gentlemen seem to think that they are more "attractive spectacle(s)"? LOL
It's pretty but not my type of car, I like something a bit higher up off the ground .... I don't even think graceful, that went out when I reached 65 for some reason.
Yes, I drive a small SUV so that I can see all things around me. We made a sturdy carpeted box for Molly to jump into my car's backseat due to her having short legs.
She's a lucky pup @Corbin5
@Meramar (2730)
A Jaguar is a really pretty car. But, I wonder why does he want such a car if he won't drive it? A car, apart from beautyfull, has to be practical.
And that is what is silly, in my opinion, regarding the cars he buys. In winter he keeps them in the garage and drives the other car which our pup Molly says is hers. A waste to me to have a car you cannot drive in winter weather.
@Meramar (2730)
@Corbin5 And the expensive they are.... but many men need to have a hobby.
The car really has a glossy shine to it, you can tell that you've kept it inside and protected. I didn't know that Molly had her own car-she's such a spoiled little Diva Dog.
Well, she is spoiled. She does ride in the front seat in the Jaguar, but she is more comfortable in her car. The "dog car" is not as clean as it should be inside, but as long as I don't have to drive it, I am good. Molly has a good life for a dog.
@moffittjc (47338)
• Gainesville, Florida
I can come help you drive that car if you want! I promise I'll be very careful with it!
Well, that is such a kind offer!! You'd be more careful with it than I would be.
@moffittjc (47338)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Corbin5 You haven't seen me drive before! I may not necessarily be more careful with it than you! haha
@sallypup (29913)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Cool car!! We only have one old Toyota here. I would love to buy a 60s pickup and at times it would be very handy but we can't afford to buy a decent one let alone the upkeep for it and tabs.
I would love to have a pickup. My sister has one and she is so tiny. She says when she drives that pickup, no other cars mess with her when driving. I suppose a big pickup could do a lot of damage to an ordinary car. I had a Toyota and not one single thing went wrong with that car!
@sallypup (29913)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 I don't want a gigantic truck moose, just one of those oldies with the empty bed in the back. Our Toyota was born in 2004 and keeps on chugging so why get on a new car contract?
@sallypup Our son is a financial analyst and he freaks out every time my husband buys a new car. Maybe my husband buys them to freak him out!
• Finland
Wow I would love to drive Jaguar one day :) I was able to enjoy my dad Mercedes S-class today
I must admit that a really nice car can be a lot of fun. Oh well, to me it is a waste of money, but he is such a wonderful guy, he can buy the car he wants.
• Finland
@Corbin5 I wish I could buy car like that one day :)
@GegeTheMechanic Yes, it would be great if you could buy the car of your dreams too. When first married and raising a family, no way we could afford that kind of car. Usually when one retires, they finally can afford a car of their dreams. Sure is a long wait to buy that car, but worth the wait, I suppose.
• Walnut Creek, California
Removed the charger. Made me chuckle. I'd be similarly afraid with a really expensive car. By the way, it's the same with my silly stereo hobby: "old guys" tinkering around with stuff they couldn't afford as kids.
All the retired fellows in the neighborhood have the car they always wanted but could never afford in their garages. One neighbor has the car like Steve McQueen drove in the movie "Bullet." Another has some other kind of fancy Mustang. After working for close to 40 years, I am happy for those old guys.
• Uzbekistan
@Corbin5 I'm glad my husband doesn't have this hobby. We still have our BMW. It's about 18 years old now if I remember correctly.
@MALUSE Yes, I am not happy about the hobby, but he worked so hard for the US government for 37 years and has been such a help with my elderly parents now, and in the past, that he can buy those cars if that makes him happy. We cannot travel due to my dad, age 95, so cars he can buy. If he was a jerk, then I would have a fit, but he is so sweet.
@nanette64 (18182)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh lordy @Corbin5 , I'd have to get down on all fours to be able to get into that thing.
Yes, one has to really think about graceful exiting and I have yet to master that.
@nanette64 (18182)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Especially if you were wearing a tight skirt.
My father is not retired but disabled. He told me a few weeks ago that he wants to buy a brand new car as he has never had one. His income is to low to afford montly car payments on a brand new car. What he needs is just a nice running newer used car instead of the beaters he always gets.
My dad always drove his cars for a very long time. Our son is driving Dad's older car which so far is running quite well. Our son takes care of it and keeps it running because Dad can no longer drive. Yes, for your father-in-law a nice used one that did not cost too much would serve him well.
@Corbin5 It is nice that your son keeps the old car going and takes care of if. So nice to see things stay in the family and be appreciated.