What's the problem with not liking something that everyone else likes?

Why when you're "out of the bubble" are you seen as a weird person? I mean, for example: I hate fish. So I'm very much asked about it: "But it's a healthy meat, it's good for health, it's delicious... How don't you like it?". If I do not like something, I certainly have my motives. There is nothing wrong with that. But socially, going against the tide always causes you more hassles. That's so annyoing!
@topffer (31215)
• France
Wow, you do not like fish? You are not politically correct. I enter your invisible name on the list of potential terrorists that I will transmit soon to the Trump administration . Seriously, I think that we are still allowed to have our own preferences when it comes to food without being seen like weird (except if you tell me that you prefer worms and bugs).
@topffer Hummm... Worms and bugs? I think I'll have to try someday.
@topffer (31215)
• France
@TheInvisibleMan Finally, maybe you really want to have a weird reputation.
@topffer No. Not at all. I can't see myself eating worms and bugs.
Depends how you state it. I know someone who says I am allergic to seafood, but really they're not - they just don't like fish because it smells. If you don't like something, I won't further dig into details.
@infatuatedbby But there are always those nosy people.
• Denmark
@TheInvisibleMan I'd try the "I'm allergic"-response, too.
@MALUSE That is a good alternative answer too. Thanks.
@Daljinder (19997)
I don't like fish either. Actually, I don't like any sort of meat, seafood ...non-vegetarian food. Can't even bear the sight and smell of it. Wouldn't want to share any utensils during feeding either. There you go! I am of the belief "you eat your food. I eat mine. I don't have a problem. Just don't mix it."
@Daljinder That's very good.
I have no problem whatsoever with whatever anyone else wants to eat - its their choice , their taste, we can't all have the same tastes, that would be boring. I consider myself a semi- vegetarian, because I have fish once or twice a month and eggs occasionally. Otherwise I get my protein from nuts, seeds and peas.
@Kandae11 Everyone has the right to like whatever they want. It should be so simple, right?
@TheInvisibleMan Indeed it should.
@Kandae11 Yeah.
@vindhya93 (100)
If you dislike something don't express in front of someone who loves it especially when you're aware of it. It irritates. And vice versa.........
@vindhya93 So you hide your preferences because of others?
@TheInvisibleMan I don't hide I avoid
Whenever someone questions why I dislike something I ask them if they like it. If they say yes, I say "well someone has to.", and walk away.
@ElusiveButterfly What a perfect answer!
@ElusiveButterfly I'll start responding like this. Thanks.
@JustBhem (24626)
• Davao, Philippines
If I don't like the food, I will try to eat a little. It will be rude if someone treat you and you don't like it. Or better order it yourself.
@JustBhem I already tasted it and I didn't like it. I never say I don't like anything without first having tried.
@JustBhem (24626)
• Davao, Philippines
@shaynas (5552)
ha ha...i can feel you! People sound so weird when i tell them i don't like mangoes, as if i have done a crime
@shaynas I love mangoes, but I respect your choice.
@shaynas (5552)
@TheInvisibleMan ha ha...thanks!
I know how you feel. Back in the 80s, 90s and early part of this century I worked at a place where most of the people would order breakfast, they'd all get menudo and when I was asked what I wanted they were shocked I'd want eggs, hashbrowns and sausage. It made me feel bad when they stopped asking me what I would like and simply ordered just for themselves.
@rebelann I'm glad that you understand me.
I think most people do @TheInvisibleMan we all experience that feeling of being left out at one point or another of our lives.
You either like something or you don't. When it comes to food it is what it is but there are those who "bandwagon" whatever's popular I guess to feel like they "belong" or fit into society? I totally know what OP means though it's annoying when people look for justification on why I dislike something they like or vice versa like who cares? I don't want any fish OK?!
@MrMo786 That's a good point of view.
Yeah you are right..that is like someone not liking chocolate..or ice cream..the usual reaction is shock and dismay!
@snowy22315 Definitly boring...
@fuddhu (28)
There are so many people who are so ready to advice you even if their own lives are so damn messed up. So ,what i did was to nod my head to all they said and then went and did whatever i really wanted to. Luckily they have all stopped advicing me.
@fuddhu Those people...
If I do not like something I will not eat it or even take it.
@jstory07 That's the right choice.
clique mentality.they think it's so good,they can't fathom someone not being into it. like that nutella a lot of people like now.i think it's gross.
@scarlet_woman Nutella is kinda .
So many do not like fish and so nothing weird about you.
@allknowing Good to know. Thanks.
It's hard to be a rebel!
@JohnRoberts It really is.
My husband doesn't like cheese which most people find very strange. But we're all different.
@JudyEv What would be the fun if we were all the same?
I think it wonderful to be "out of the bubble." All should take pride in not being like everyone else.
@Corbin5 I think it's awesome to be "out of the bubble".
Your not alone-I don't like fish either and I have had an allergic reaction to shrimp before. Lol. People do that to me a lot with vegetables-I don't like them so I don't eat them.
@LovingMyBabies It's good to know that I'm not the only one in this "batlle".
@Hate2Iron (7310)
lol... tell them that it makes you throw up... that aught to do it lol!
@Hate2Iron Yeah.