I bit a green chilli

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361765782542336351/
We had tomato salad as part of our lunch and I bit a green chilli. My nose was running and the eyes started watering. Funny that a tiny piece of chilli could do that to me. Talking about chillies I wonder how anyone could consume a chilli known as Bhut Jolokia and a few others. The chart shows their pungency compared to what we normally consume. We Indians can to some extent tolerate chillies in our food, me excluded. How about you?
@louievill (20282)
The most common chilli here is the bird's eye chilli locally known as " labuyo" ( it's on the chart) and I could easily tolerate that since I'm a chilli lover, the ones with higher scouvill units could be dangerous so caution if you plan on eating or tasting them.
I wonder what intensity that was which I bit this afternoon It could not be a great one because here what we buy is of milder intensity If you can tolerate chillies its good for you as chillies are rich in vitamin c.
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
@allknowing Oranges are rich in vitamin C too, and less likely to blow your head off
@pgntwo The flavour of chillies enhance the taste of any food. But some like to munch them.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
I bet that stopped you from smiling for a while. Personally I like red peppers as an addition to the food, but never bother with most other items.
I bit it without knowing that it was in the spoon that I stuffed in (lol) Red peppers have zero pungency.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
@allknowing I suppose that depends on how they are eaten. I remember seeing a Polish guy eating a red pepper like an apple, which is not something that I would try.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Red-Pepper.jpg
@Asylum If it is the same as capsicum then it is not hot at all
@nomus24g (25396)
that's good for diabetes
I do not have diabetes.
@nomus24g (25396)
@allknowing I just gave u an info - the good side of chili
@nomus24g Others who read this will benefit. Thanks for that.
I love spicy food like kirean kimchi and some spicy salsas and when i eat fries and burger i want it with hot sauce.
Hot sauce is fine but can you bite into a green chilli (lol)
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
Sorry, but consuming anything that hurts as much on the way out as it did on the way in is not my idea of fun. I see the Scotch Bonnet on your list, but you'd never get me to try one. Tabasco or Cayenne is as high as I would go.
I would not want any of those. I normally remove those chillies from the salad and then eat it. We put that stuff for some mild pungency Tobasco sauce is normally served with chinese food.
@Ayuriny (5176)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Just by looking at the chart, I get a little stomachache.. I really can't eat too spicy food.
@ilocosboy (40080)
Me too not a fan of chili, I can live happy without seeing those hot food
@silvermist (20096)
I can tolerate green chillies better than you.You know in Kerala we have spicy curries-especially the non vegetarian curries.
I just cannot tolerate raw green chillies.
@silvermist (20096)
@allknowing What about dry chillies ?
@silvermist We use dry chillies in various types of masalas. I also use them for seasoning. Don't you like the aroma of red chillies when they are used for seasoning?
I am going out to dinner tonight and always order a hot dish. Sometimes the chilies are just for the hot flavoring and not meant to be eaten. I, too, had a runny nose too many times. Lol!
We add chillies for the hot flavouring. I had a colleague who picked chillies from the dish to eat them (lol).
@KrauseHome (35507)
I will admit to most extent I am a weakling, and do not eat spicier foods. From time to time I do try and eat some foods with a little spice just to try something different.
@KristenH (25276)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
My brother can. But not me. I prefer sweet peppers and nothing else.
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
I can't have too much of chilli in my food. It feels like having fire in my stomach. So I try to use only what is necessary amount of chilli powder in what I cook.