GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!

By JJ
Seriously...why are you here? Why are you even awake? Your SUPPOSED to be hiding and hibernating somewhere, not crawling around in my kitchen in the middle of the winter. And I can't even kill you or you'll stink the place up. Okay, yes, the odor will dissipate quickly...but that odor. So I trapped you in a paper napkin...and twisted it shut and put a bread tie on it and threw you away in the trash. Oh well...I'm definitely awake now. *sips coughee* G'mornin' myLot
I capture them and throw them out of the window. They stink and they are noisy, I hate when there is one in the bedroom during the night.
• Denmark
I must admit that I don't know this kind of beetle. It stinks and makes noises? So we have it in Europe, too? Do you know its scientific name? Maybe with it, I can find its German name.
@MALUSE We call them "cimici delle piante" in Italy, the scientific name is "Palomena prasina". They stink if they feel in danger, so it's better not to hurt them, but get them gently and throw them out. There were plenty of them here in Switzerland last summer and some survived the cold. Soon before Christmas I heard the noise near my pillow in the bedroom, I have been unable to sleep until I have found the bug. I was even able to feel the smell. It was under my pillow.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Do they stink all the time? Or only when a predator (like us) approaches?
• Denmark
I'd throw such a guest out of the window, not in the trash.
• Denmark
@JolietJake So you think it'll survive in the warm trash can?
@MALUSE No, but I won't get cold opening the door to throw it out
• Pleasant Hill, California
What critter is this?
That be what is commonly called a 'stink bug', actually a Brown marmorated stink bug
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JolietJake Do they stink? Not sure that I've met one.
@TheHorse They do if attacked or if crushed...nasty things
Good morning to you too, but not for that bug!
At least I haven't seen any of those camel crickets in here this year, I had several last winter G'mornin'
@JolietJake We must not be popular people like you are, we don't have anything like that here. But our house is really really dry, so maybe the bugs don't want to be here-can't be the company here But those tiny almost white spiders.....those we've seen a couple of.
@JolietJake ugh those things are so creepy!. They eat other bugs though so they get a free pass here. As long as they stay in the basement.
@nomus24g (17398)
what if you take this very avatar in your next birth and someone does this to you
thats a good one!!
If I come back as a stink bug I don't wanna live!
@nomus24g (17398)
@JolietJake being a stink bug is not its fault...probably to us human beings it causes some discomfort, who knows it might be of sime use in other form of science
G'morin' ! Glad you were able to get rid of the little guy without making him stink...
Glad I found it before Scar did...that could have been a disaster
@JolietJake oh it sure would have been!!
They have a horrible smell. We have them here too.
@DWDavis (10913)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Why didn't you release it into the wild? Were you worried it would find its way back into the house?
If it wanted to be in the wild it should have stayed there.
@besweet (7245)
• Greece
Oh, I hate it when I find a stink bug in the house too. I avoid killing them because of the smell, it is best to throw them outside the window. Is it stink bug season yet?
Nope, it's the middle of winter, I assume it was in the attic and found its way in
How big is this thing? maybe next time you should have trap it with a lighting match box. not sure if we have that at home.
They are probably 1/2 to 3/4 inch long.
Woooh maybe you left the windows open or the door.
I have some holes in my ceiling, it probably came from the attic
@lealuvy2j (1989)
I hate stink bugs!! Just thinking about the smell disgusts me so I understand why you did not kill it right away.
My first instinct was smash it, but I caught myself in time
@cupkitties (6715)
. Thankfully I haven't smelled one yet. I'm surprised they haven't fired off their stinkyness when our dogs get too close to them.
i saw one of those on a leaf a while back..glad it didn't fart..
ugly little bug
They do have an odor like nothing I have smelled before. Lol. Glad you got rid of it without having to smell it!
@Yadah04 (2955)
This got me thnking who you are talking to. A rat? Some pests? Lol.
Your coughee must work as a sedative for you too. I would be bonkers. No bugs please! I've had them all and don't want no more.
I have an unspoken agreement with bugs and spiders and such. I'll leave you alone outside, but once you're in the house you're fair game.
@sabtraversa (9914)
I've heard they stink several, but I never smelled them. What do they stink like? I used to play with these bugs, their legs are so strong. Poor thing, it was late for hibernation. What I can't stand about them is their noise, they buzz around, hit the same thing all the evening.