Traveling Grieving Mother's Road

Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ... a grieving mother
@GrannyGee (1768)
Louisburg, North Carolina
Traveling Grieving Mother's Road By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee NOTE: I dedicate this poem to Debbie Reavis who has recently lost her son ... I wrote this poem with her in mind ... I'm standing here with outstretched hand ... waiting however long it takes ... for her to get to where I am ... in the sunlight. Debbie, if I could take your pain away I would ... I know how it feels ... I care with my Heart. Love Your Friend, Gloria I'm so sorry you have to walk the road of a Grieving Mother. You walk in darkness Because your child is gone I'm ahead of you Holding out my hand We both walk the same road I'm just a little farther ahead I stand in the sunshine now Waiting for you to reach the light My heart hurts for you Because I know what it is To be a grieving mother Struggling in the sea of darkness I know the pain, panic The feeling of trapped birds In a cage ... wings fluttering Trying to get out I wait patiently for you to arrive It may take months ... years I wait here in the sunlight Holding my hand out For you to take one day The road is long ... hard I wish I could walk the road Of Grieving Mother for you So you wouldn't have to suffer pain When you say in words your pain I feel the pain in my very soul I know what it feels like to lose a son I've been there ... I'm here now Waiting for you no matter how long It takes for you to get here You aren't alone on the road of Grieving Mother When you are alone crying Open your eyes ... look ahead Can you see me ... I'm standing right here I'm holding my hand out ... waiting for you You may not know it now I promise you the day will come Everything is going to be alright No matter how bad I know this as a grieving mother So, I reach out to you ... I see you In the distance ... in the darkness Trying to find light ... any light Open your eyes ... look here I'm a grieving mother who knows your pain I hold my hand out while I wait On the Grieving Mother's road I know you have many more tears to shed It's not time yet for you to take my hand When the day comes ... sadly we'll smile Say ... I'm so glad to be here That will be the day you came to terms Accepting what is impossible to now Your son is gone ... my son is gone We know how it feels ... we are grieving mothers Let's turn toward the darkness if need be Wait with outstretched hand To let another grieving mother Know she isn't alone ... Stand as a beacon of light for her to see On the darkest path of her life Be there to let her know we care We know ... we've been there Note by this Author: My friend's life has just taken a turn on Grieving Mother's Road. Oh my, I know the heartache, pain she is in ... has to bear. I'm here for her. I had to put some of my feelings in words ... I feel her pain so much. I hope all my Friends ... Followers will say a prayer for Debbie. I know prayers work miracles ... they have many times in my own life. I pray for a miracle to help her as she travels in the darkness until one day she can come out into the sunshine. Oh my, how I feel her pain deeply in my soul. Photo/poem owned/written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.
I am so sorry for your friend's loss. That is a beautiful poem. It is good that she has you there for her, helping as she deals with such grief.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
Thank you, Laurel.
@GrannyGee You are welcome
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina