Electricity...

@redurnet (1690)
United Kingdom
The electricity to my house was cut off for a day without warning a couple of days ago. It was so cold and it started to get really dark. I have candles but it the cold air was actually hurting my chest. It made me realize how difficult life must be for some people out on the streets trying to survive and also for those who can't afford to heat their homes. I think I have been used to taking it for granted that I have heat and light and the comforts of hot food.
That must have been awful. Thankfully it was only for a day.
@redurnet (1690)
Yes, it seemed like longer!
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
I wonder what that was all about. We they fixing the lines or something.
@redurnet (1690)
There are lots of lorries in the neighbourhood but I'm not exactly sure what is going on. They said that it might go off again. I hope not!
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
@redurnet It's way to cold to lose your electricity.
@redurnet (1690)
@fishtiger58 I felt like I was choking on ice just through normal breathing when it started to turn into evening.
@aninditasen (1791)
• Raurkela, India
Hope they restore your electrical connection soon.
@redurnet (1690)
It was restored after a day but they have said it might go off again later in the week. I am dreading it.
@PainsOnSlate (20856)
I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to be homeless, thank goodness there are places for them to stay worm and get food. Thank goodness for charity.
@MissNikki (2696)
Wow, that must have been annoying! Sorry that happened.
@Ronrybs (8115)
• London, England
I have only lost the 'lekkie' once, a few years ago, but I now have a collection of torches, lamps and candle's. Still have gas, so I can knock up a hot water bottle if needed!