The adventures of Rooger and, a little sad.

Banks, Oregon
Hey, everyone and, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods, things are alright here, me and, Rooger had a good walk, but a little sad, because I saw a black cat today eating out of a yogurt container and, I couldn't tell if it was my Smokey or not, but very well could have some how been, as most of you know I haven't seen my cat in over a year, since he some how got out of my house, while I was sleeping or while I was getting firewood, then he also saw Rooger and, could tell he was scared. I wanted to walk over and, pet him, but of course I couldn't because my dog would get him, he ran off, then I just saw him again outside fighting with another cat. So, now I am sad, because what if he is my cat and, I am supposed to save him, but what can I do I have Rooger and, Ghost, plus if it is him, he's reverted to wild. So, unsure if he'd get along with Ghost and, I know he would be afraid of Rooger, probably isn't Smokey though, because we were so close you think he would just start meowing at me or come to the door. Your thoughts?
I'm sorry. =( That is sad. I hope where ever Smokey is that he's okay. I would think he would have known you if it was him. I don't know much about cats though.
Thank you my friend I pray so too. I gave it to God after I couldn't find him along time ago. So I just got to trust him will always probably make me sad though.
@TRBRocks420 Yeah our dog ran away from our friends house that was watching him and we still haven't found him. =( That was two years ago now. I also gave it to God. And it still makes me very sad whenever I think about him.
@LovingMyBabies it's very sad and sorry to hear you lost a pet to, you want to always be able to save them and protect them, makes you feel helpless. But I guess we just got to know God will take care of them.
Oh, the poor cat. I hope it isn't Smokey. He would have recognized you. He's probably used to fending for himself.
Yes, I hope it's just a cat that looks like him, people often drop their strays off up here.
@TRBRocks420 That is truly so sad.
@DianneN I know it's so annoying.
@HazySue (20231)
If it was Smokey, you know he is ok. I would have thought that he would have shown up at your door if it was him, with you being so close and all.
Yes, it's probably just a cat that looks like Smokey.
@HazySue (20231)
@TRBRocks420 my sister in law had a cat that escaped a few years ago. She saw it one time after that, about a year or so later, by then it was no longer tame. She reveled in the idea that she now knew it was o.
@mawdest (1473)
• Orillia, Ontario
Oh wow, terribly sorry to hear this man. I am sure you're right, and that it wasn't your cat! But, still, sorry to hear about your cat escaping a long time ago, losing pets is always tough.. Not the same, but I have lost quite a few cats over the years, but they usually got hit by cars or something :(
Yeah, it broke my heart. I cried for months probably, but all I can do is just trust God to take care of him.
@mawdest (1473)
• Orillia, Ontario
@TRBRocks420 Oh no, that is hard to hear :( Yes, you're absolutely right, God is good!
It could be. After being outside for so long he would be disoriented so that would explain why he would go to your or the door. It might not be either. It would upset me though knowing he may be out there.
I can just pray about it and I hope God will give me the answer.
@TRBRocks420 that is the best thing to do
That sucks, but if it was him, at least you know he's alive, and hopefully well.
Yeah, I don't think it was, but he does have a resemblance to him for sure, looked healthy for an outside cat though, lots of birds and, mice or squirrels to eat I guess.
• Eugene, Oregon
That is very sad, losing a pet and then not sure if you have found him. There was nothing you could do really.
Thanks and, yes I can just pray and, trust God at this point.
Can they get along and be trained to live together for them not to fight.
Yes, it's possible, but wild cats can be unpredictable.
If he was your cat I would think he would hae came back to your house sooner or later.
Yes, that's what I think too.
@FayeHazel (16605)
I can understand how it would make you feel bad, but you did all you could. THe cat didn't want to interact with you, or Rooger. Probably wasn't Smokey, after all then.
Thanks and, yes probably wasn't him, does make me sad though and, makes me miss him. I also feel bad for the poor thing having to live like that.
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I agree with you that if it was Smokey he would have at least meowed at your or started moving toward you.
I hope it's not him. I still feel bad for the poor thing though.
@AutumnSnow (4585)
I remeber a few years ago during a move we had made one quick stop for something and our cat had gotten out about 6 months laters on mothers day he shows up. Animals have been to do things like that. Maybe trying setting up some kind of shelter and food for him. Maybe you can go where he was alone to gain his trust a few times.
Thanks and, good idea, true you never know. I have had one come back after a long time when I was a little kid.
@crossbones27 (18552)
• Redlands, California
That is good he could be sticking around the area if it is your cat. Maybe not bring Rooger when you go for your next walk and see if you can find him. Maybe one of your relatives could hold on to for a minute to see how Smokey and Ghost respond. If that does not work, maybe have to give him away, but atleast you would not have to worry about him anymore.
Yeah, it's probably not him, but you just never know, the only way it could be him is if somebody stole him and, recently re-released him up here, because I looked for him over and, over everyday when he first went missing, but will keep investigating.
I am sorry that you lost Smokey. Who knows, someone is probably taking good care of him.
The whole things still breaks my heart and, makes me angry. So, it's best I just move on, all I can do is pray for answers.
sorry,to hear about this.I do hope you find a way out of this.
Thanks my friend and me too.
It would really be sad if this was your cat but considering he's been in the wild for so long I'm sure he would have trouble becoming a house cat once again.
Yeah I guess I can just pray that God will guide me in what to do.
I somehow doubt it was Smokey. I think he would have returned within a day or two when he first went missing.
I think so too and I hope you are right and he is just a stray.
That would make me upset too.
Yeah it is heart breaking all over again.
I think, if ever it is your cat, he wouldn't want to be where he is scared , as you said he is scared of Rooger. Maybe he is happy where he is now, because if he is not, he would have come back to you.
that is sad maybe What happened tohm might have changed him a bit if he is your Smoky