#DeleteUber? Really?

Look, I get that there's a wide range of opinion out there about Trump's immigration moratorium order, but targeting Uber because they won't go on strike over it? Really now? When did it become Uber's responsibility to integrate political activism into their business model? You know who loses out when you boycott Uber? Uber drivers... some of whom might very well be (oh get this) themselves immigrants for all we know. I just don't think it's fair to politicize Uber rides. It strikes me as an entitled attitude - "companies need to espouse the correct politics or we will run social media campaigns to put them out of business". For my point of view, I want to give my money to companies that provide quality products and excellent customer service - the political opinions of the employees or managers is irrelevant.
I haven't heard much about this but it seems to me that social media has a lot to answer for sometimes.
agreed, this phenomena wouldn't be happening without social media. Check out Jon Ronson's book "So You've Been Publicly Shamed", a lot there relevant to this.
• Denmark
I'd definitely prefer a tolerant driver to a racist and homophobic one even if he knew his job well.
I don't automatically assume that someone is a bigot just because they want to place some restrictions on immigration.
@tzwrites (4016)
This is just dumb. Companies do not need to be politically active in this situation.
Base the company on each individual and what they do for you.
@rhpinc (1144)
• Santa Barbara, California
Most just want something to complain about. To be part of the majority. I wonder what those same people will say when trump shows that he can do it and actually be a good president. I foresee so many shoving their foot in their mouth. IDK though :)