Still on the run.

@xFiacre (10364)
Ireland
I travelled only once with a girl and I must insist that she was not my girlfriend even if you think I protest too much. She was Scottish and we only got as far as Rotterdam before I disappeared while she went to the toilet and I've never seen her since. She had the peculiar habit of singing Scotland the Brave very loudly while on the job and it was made even worse when she drummed along with her foot and I found it all quite disconcerting hence my disappearing act. Have you ever done a runner on anyone while they were on the toilet?
@pgntwo (21337)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Unintentionally, on a pub crawl decades ago... But then some of the pubs we frequented only had a Gents, no Ladies loos.
@xFiacre (10364)
@pgntwo now that you mention it there was a pub in Belfast decades ago where the gentlemen's facilities had a door from the bar and another door out into the back alley. Many a young lady was abandoned by her Prince charming who discovered that escape route when he excused himself to pee. The architect knew his job well.
@pgntwo (21337)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre You know architects - always a get-out clause somewhere!
@xFiacre (10364)
@pgntwo That oh so useful architectural feature in that pub was commonly known as the Rat Run.
I must say that leaving someone while they are in the toilet is a new mode of escaping annoyance to me. I must give this a try sometime.
@xFiacre (10364)
@corbin5 The song tells us there are only 50 ways to leave a lover. This is number 51 but she was not my girlfriend!!!
It is as good a time as any. no, I never have.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I've not done a runner on anyone while they were on the toilet or while they were busy anyplace else. I can, however, understand why you did what you did.
I only hope she twigged you'd done a runner and wasn't all worried about you. What a wimp you were. :)