What would make you move to a nursing home?

There is a lot I can think of why I could remain in my unit for a much longer time. when I think of sharing a room with someone and the smells that come with the nursing homes. I think that is all I need. I was told today that if I wanted to move to a nursing home i was approved and the state would pay. Another thing is I think they would take my entire ssi check. leaving me with nothing.
@Yadah04 (2901)
Yoi would be saving some money if you would move to a nursing home. Like instead of paying a rent for an apartment, well that is if you do not have your own home or maybe live wit your parents.
But you give up your freedom and privacy. can you imagine sharing a room with someone who messes the bed oh the smell is enough to cause head trauma.
@Yadah04 (2901)
@sharon6345 then well i guess no money could be in exchange for privacy, and well, a head-trauma-causing smell. Lol.
@Tina30219 (25692)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yeah avoid it as much as possible unless you really need one. I hear bad stories about them as well.
I will just wait for the unit in the senior building out of state I want that so bad.
@Tina30219 (25692)
• Onaway, Michigan
@sharon6345 I wish you all the luck and hope you get it. Will that mean downsizing on the stuff you have if you get it?
@akalinus (12424)
I would not want to go in one if not necessary. I have heard a lot about workers abusing the clients, stealing their stuff, and depriving them of needed care and necessities.
My friend works in one an boy the stories she tells me of mice and bedbugs is enough to keep me away.
@akalinus (12424)
@sharon6345 I don't blame you. I feel sorry for people stuck living in these places. I have heard stories, too.
yup-they do too.then you pretty much have to rely on others to bring you stuff..i don't know what they do if there's no family..i guess maybe a social worker.. i would have to be homeless otherwise.i don't want to live in one room surrounded by strangers.