Favorite Rock Songs of the 1980's # 29- Refugee.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 29 on my favorite rock songs of the 1980's is Refugee by Tom Petty, you might think this is a low position, but you have to remember, just how many awesome songs there were in the 1980's. Check out a sample of the lyrics below, this is the chorus to be exact. Refugee also came in at # 15 on the billboard hot 100. Some where, Some how, Somebody. Must have kicked you around some. Tell me why you want to lay there. And, revel in your abandon. Honey it don't make no difference to me baby. Everybody's had to fight to be free. You see you don't have to live like a refugee, don't have to live like a refugee. Now baby you don't have to live like a refugee, don't have to live like a refugee. Some information verified at Wikipedia, this was one song. I were out on Tom Petty's greatest hits cd back in the day.
@FourWalls (14675)
They were playing the greatest hits CD before the Bottle Rockets took the stage at the Marshall Crenshaw concert last week. Brian said they were debating going on late so the CD could finish playing. Not my favorite song from Damn the Torpedoes, but that shows just how great an album that is!
It's a great CD literally every song could make the series and, a few more will. Tom Petty is one of my favorites of all time.
Not exactly my favorite Tom Petty song, but this was a great album.
It's not my favorite either, but is certainly among them and, yes great album.
Very relevant in these times.
That's what I was thinking too.
Tom Petty was a very good singer.
Yeah, he had about more good hits then anybody.