What kind of flea control do you use for your pets?

It boggles my mind that in January, my cat still seems to be scratching. He isn't on a flea preventative now, nor does he go outside...what the heck? There must be some in the house, but they don't bite me! My friend's dog is on a flea preventative that is all year long..stupid fleas! once they get in your house, they are so hard to get rid of!!
When you get them you almost have to count on getting your house professionally sprayed, especially with carpet. I took my dog to get a professional flea bath once when Pet Armour wasn't working. The rest of the time Pet Armour or Frontline works for me. Diatomaceous Earth (I had to look it up when suggested to me) is something a friend of mine uses as well. Plus, with diatomaceous earth you can also use it to prevent slipping on ice!
I don't have carpet..I haven't ever had to that before.
@snowy22315 It's a nightmare so I feel for you.
@AmbiePam Well this time of the year, I wouldn't describe it as that, but it is annoying for sure..
Have you spotted any fleas on your cat? If not then it must be food allergy. Our dog did that for months and there was nothing to suggest she had fleas. Then I stopped feeding her pedigree. The itching stopped and her coat has now come back and shining.
I haven't seen any recently, but we have had them in the past. I have a flea comb around here..if I can locate it..I will see if he has some..I had a dog once that had to stop eating pedigree because he developed a corn and wheat allergy.
prescription revolution.i've never had them react to it. but for the love of god,never use hartz products-it's been killing animals. someone who came in your house probably has fleas and is saying nothing-my husband's friend did that several times to my cats before i finally lost my s**t about the cost to me.he may have thought me hysterical about it,but i'd gotten to the point i didn't care.
Yeah, they came from my friend's dog..who thought nothing of allowing his mutt to traipse in here with fleas. I love the dog...but not his fleas!!!! At least the dog wears a year round flea prevention collar know like arresto or something..
I would have thought you'd always need some sort of preventative. As you say, fleas are hard to get rid of.
I will get something soon, as the weather starts to warm up.