He's Using the Toilet!

@IvySaysHi (4342)
We have reached an amazing breakthrough with my son and his potty training. It kind of came out of no where. He used to only use his potty because he was kind of scared of the toilet. This morning while I was finishing up making breakfast he came into the kitchen and said he needed to use the toilet. He took off his diaper and went in the toilet! I was so incredibly proud. I put him in underwear for the rest of the day and he has not had one accident. He has been using the toilet every time he needed to and kept his undies dry. It is about bed time for him so I'll put him in a diaper for the night, but today has been a complete success. I only hope he keeps it up. He has gotten stickers and lollipops as rewards so hopefully it keeps him enticed. When was the breakthrough for your kids in potty training?
I can't remember. It is too long ago but I'm glad for you. It makes things so much easier.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
It really does. And the money we will save on diapers.
@IvySaysHi Disposable ones were just coming in when my boys were babies. Not too many could afford them at that time.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
@JudyEv understandable
I had no children, my Mom said that I started to used the toilet very early, while my brother was a slow learner.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
That seems to be the case I am told with boys and girls
@IvySaysHi Yes, it seems that the girls are faster than boys in learning.
@carebear29 (28834)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
My son is 5 and still potty training. He has a slow learning disability
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Aww I am sure he will get it down eventually. I was starting to think my son would end up 6 and still not potty trained and he has no disabilities so you can see why I am so amazed by his breakthrough
@carebear29 (28834)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@IvySaysHi Right. every kid is different
• Prairieville, Louisiana
My nephew is two and not potty training yet.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
We have been trying to get him potty trained since he turned 2